RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my midnight warrior for about 3 months now but just found this site!! im happy to call this forum my bike club home! - i was more so of a member of a int'l car club based online.. so i have good hopes for everyone here.

I dont know a whole lot about my bike besides the basic specs...and have so many questions. The water heater as you all call it took the best of me and i gutted the thing clean out minus the outer baffle (until i can get my 2-1-2 pipes), i now call it the flame thrower, literally. There was one thing i was reading about that worried me a little.. A possible lack of service knowledge at my local dealer on the air/fuel mixture and the rediclous amount of popping im getting - gonna do the diag. to see. If any get togethers happen near home, cant wait to meet some other warrior owners.

Chris

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Welcome to the forum Redline. Congrats on the bike!
If you changed or modified the exhaust and made it more free flowing, which sounds like what you did, you need to change the A/F mixture. The Warrior usually comes lean from the factory for emissions purposes so changing the exhause just made it leaner. That is causing the popping.There are 2 ways to deal with this. 1) buy a EFI fuel control unit like Dynojet PCIII or the like. Or 2) adjust your ECU. Do a search on the ECU adjustment and you will find a ton of posts on the how to. Option 1 is quick and will cost ya $200-$300 for the unit. Option 2 is free and just takes a little of your time. Not as accurate either but does the job. Either way you can do this all yourself and not pay someone to screw up your bike

To get you started...
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33867&SearchTerms=ECU,Adjustment

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome Home!
If your into the water heater you could copy and add this in your profile in the "signature" box: img]http://www.sublimediversion.com/warriorpics/waterheaterclub.jpg[/img
You'll need to put the whole thing in brackets [ ]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congrats on the 06 Midnight, Chris! [^]
Welcome to the knowledge base!
You don't need a stink'n stealership!
Everything you need to know is right here! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome and of course you got the fastast color![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Use the search feature and most of the time you'll find the answers you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome to the club mate - nice to see more midnights out and about. I think the red at night looks sweet...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice selection on the bike Chris. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here at your disposal. Not to mention all the guys and the knowledge they have about the warrior. Enjoy

BTW, my name is Chris and I have and 05 Midnight. LOL

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Yeah baby, the Midnight group keeps on growin'!! I have almost 15K on my Midnight and she runs great with the ajustments I made on the stock computer (no PC III). Good luck with her!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got the midnight myself and love it. I did the ecu adjustment myself and am very happy with the results. It took me 10 minutes to do and saved me $250 bucks for now. Welcome aboard..

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.. Yea i love the midnight.. a.k.a. fastest color =) .. i spose we can call it that, it definately gets alot of attention thats for sure.
Theres only one thing that i dislike a little- 3000rpm's at normal highway cruise speed (75-80mph) doesnt set very easy.. i posted a thread so if any of u guys can help me with a little guessing or math work, go fer it.
Chris

1 - 20 of 27 Posts