RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I've been poking around on this site for the last couple weeks and I'm finally deciding to post. I won an auction for an '02 Warrior and I got it at a really good price. (The car dealer thought it was a V-Star and put a low Buy-It Now) Anyways... I havn't picked it up yet, but I have some pictures and I'm trying to figure out what aftermarket things have been done.

So far, it has been painted (I don't like the paint tho) And it has a custom rear fender and lights. It doesn't appear to have a brake light. I think it might have the AIS block-off, and I can't identify the pipes at all. They look like the Shogun Slashers, but the tips of mine are shorter than all the pics of the Slashers that I have seen.

Oh, and it has a 215/50 car tire on the rear, i've read an heard alot of mixed opinions about them, but they don't matter cuz I personally think it looks dumb. But the 215 is cool looking.. can you buy a 215 motorcycle tire?

Here's some pics:

thanks in advance! This site is awesome. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and the ISO grip on the clutch side seems to be broken. Anybody have a spare they would like to sell me? /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
yeah no way Id trust a car tire on a Warrior. Maybe a Goldwing but any Warrior rider worth his salt is going to want to take her low into the corners at speed. Car tires = nono.

Are those painted fork tube covers?

Looks like a very bad attempt @ making the bike look "better". Seat doesnt follow rear fender, AIS but no BAK, Paint theme isnt horrible but kinda boring.

I Like the handle bar risers!

Im glad you got it at a good price man.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hhmmm.. i didn't think about the fork tube covers until now... I have a hi-res photo and I just took a look at it.. (is a pic outside in the sun as well) They don't look too bad. Looks more like a 'brushed' look, but I dunno.

And I noticed that same thing about the seat.. I will have to see it in person so see if I can modify it. A buddy of mine is a fabricator and he's gonna do my fat tire kit and probably modify the fender and some other misc. custom parts, so we will probably end up re-doing the seat as well.

Oh.. and I'm going to purchase the Alsa chrome and paint a few misc. parts as well, and will give a full report when that is finished... ****, if it works... I might even try the rims. [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Pipes def look like Samson Slashers. Gotta say that the car tyre & rear fender looks plain wrong, make the bike look all outta shape. Hate to imagine what that back tyre will handle like. Looks like the previous owner has painted the pully cover black too. Welcome to the site Strife.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
You're right about the exhaust. You can't get a 215 motorcycle tire, but you can get a 210. I should warn you, though. If you do, it won't last a lick. Good luck, congrats, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope.. it's not a salvage title.. it needs a little work.. but I set out looking for a deal on a bike I could mod anyways. It's an '02 with less than 5000 miles on it, and I paid less than $5000. The used dealership took it on a trade, and they don't usually sell many motorcycles, plus, the main guy that deals with them was on vacation, so some lady that doesn't know much at all about it put the auction up with a super low buy it now. I sat there and stared at the auction for 15 minutes making sure I was seeing what I was seeing until hitting the button.

Has anybody ever put a taildragger style fender on a warrior? I'm thinking about doing that. I kind of like the style, but I'm not sure if it will fit the warrior. I ordered the PCS lowering kit, and that coupled with a 200 or 210 tire should make that fender look better. It almost looks like it's mounted to far 'in'. Sorta like it could come out and down over the tire a bit more.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Great Deal on that Warrior. First thing I would do is replace that fugly rear fender that has your Corbin Stinger seat sitting up in the air like a cat in heat or replace the seat with a solo seat, also paint those fork covers to match your color scheme. Other than that if you are happy with exhaust system that bike was a steal at less than $5000.00

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, the exhaust is the ONLY thing i'm really happy with. I hear they are LOUD, and I like that they don't cover up the rear tire.

Other than that, I don't like the way the fender looks, or the seat, or the air filter, or the pegs, or the paint job, or the bars/risers (i want double Ts), or the mirrors.

But that's why I bought it! With all the money I saved, I wanted to mod all that crap anyways! I've already got a paint scheme picked out, I'm going to mold a custom air box and lower cowel out of fiberglass. Probably stretch the tank.

I've been pricing those little engine covers on ebay (they are pretty inexpensive) So I'm going to get the Chrome paint package from www.alsapaint.com and test it out on those first. If it looks like they say it does (supposed to be 95% - 98% like real chrome) then I will move on to other things. I can paint the bike myself no problem, but I'm not much for airbrushing pictures and crap.. lol.

So I'm sure I wont be riding it for weeks after I get it /emoticons/emotion-6.gif It's going right over to my buddy's and getting ripped apart. Siigghh... I sooo want to ride

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Great price. A fender and some custom paint and you've got a great start. I say that because if you're anything like me it's never over.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome new owner, looks like you may have a fulltime job on your hands with all the mods your thinking of. Enjoy, and dont try to take that rear tire into the twisties!!! We would hate to not hear from you again.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol... no kidding.. ya that tire is coming off just as soon as I figure out what size a$$ I want.... can't decide

stick with 200? or hop up to 240 or 260? I probably wont go higher than 260...

and has anybody ever seen the taildragger fenders on a warrior? I'm really curious what that would look like. I saw them on a roadstar and it looked killer! Just not sure about the warrior.... anybody? Most the fenders seem to be just mod'd stock or bobbed. I'd like to try something different.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My next tire will be a 190. I like the look of the fatties, but when heading into a turn dont like them so much. With the 190, this will be all you guys see with those fatties in the twisties.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts