RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I became the proud owner of a 2004 Warrior. I got a flat in the rear tire that has only 2600 miles on it. At the time I was only 1/2 mile from the dealer, (or as you say stealer) so you know the rest. The bill is about $275.00. I was told I could take the old tire and have it patched from the inside. Then when the stealers new tire wears out, I could re-install the tire that was patched. There must be a cheaper alternative. Please help! I'm new to this site so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong location. This is my first post.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow, 275 for a tire installed is kinda high I think but maybe not terrible. Depending on what tire you get you could be looing between 150-200 but labor shouldnt be that much.

There are guys here who can tell you from thier experience if that seems too high. I wouldnt patch the other tire. But thats just me. Toss it and call it a day.

JMO

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
275 is alot for a stock tire, I paid 200 for a ME880 XL (metzeler) 260/18. Live and learn.

Welcome to the forum!

Keep the first tire for a "just in case" type of a moment.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Patch from the inside is okay, but don't plug it. The tire shop here will guarantee a patch tire the life of the tire. Not sure what tire you have but the stock Dunlops don't last real long, so expect 4,000 out of it. Also I'm sure they are charging you high labor costs, get a shop manual and take it off yourself (unless you don't know what a wrench is). Also find a local tire shop that will let you bring a tire you didn't buy there in. I pay $26 for a dismount, mount & balance, and by my tires online. I got my Z1000 patched for $12, better then $160 for a new tire, this one only had 1,700 miles on it.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Welcome to the 4m incopass. $275 is to high but its what I would expect to pay at a dealership...

I agree with everybody else. If its patchable, use it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats on the bike. If the stealer has to remove the rim and tire you gotta pay the price my friend. The same thing happened to me when I got my bike a freakin huge nail. A patch just does not give me the warm and fuzzies.

·
Registered
755 Posts
You could always find someone on this forum who has gotten a 240 kit and offer to buy thier old stock tire pretty cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts