RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last everything is done. I picked up my tins about 2 weeks ago and have just finished getting my front end rebuilt today with the new 6 Degree Triple Trees.

The paint is called 'Magic Blue', it's a Pearlescent based paint and turns all kinds of colours depending on the light. The graphics are based on the Samurai Warrior theme which I've always been a fan of. The paint was done by one of the UKs top custom artists, Beej Curtis of 'Organic Image', I briefed him on my concept and sent him some screenshots and he created this stunning artwork. These pics really do not do the paint justice, it is truly beautiful.

Of course I'm absolutely delighted but please let me know what you think, I have put some more pics in my Gallery:

http://www.rswarrior.com/Gallery/Brit_Warrior.aspx

My tins when I got them back home:
Insert Image:

65.02 KB

Insert Image:

96.93 KB

Insert Image:

92.94 KB

Insert Image:

88.56 KB

Insert Image:

89.87 KB

Insert Image:

71.3 KB

Insert Image:

68.97 KBInsert Image:

92.99 KB

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by ekmaint

Bike looks WICKED. Great job!!
What happened to the chrome fork tube covers???

I knew that I was going to have to shave them as the angle is obviously different with the new trees. Well in order to get some measurements this morning I just slipped on the top sections but they were about 1/2 an inch too short for the upper part of the forks! The gap between the upper & lower trees is now wider than before. I really would have liked to have put them on but I thought that they looked pretty crap with a gap there and the black of the fork underneath showing through. I think that I'll get my forks polished at the end of this riding season instead, right now I just wanna ride.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad that you like it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous, Andy. Perfect contrast between the black, chrome, and beautiful blue. ****... that is just bad ass! [^]

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Wow! Outstanding! The only thing that could make that bike look better would be little nude blonde model next to it[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]. Extremely well done!

...now where's the NUDE pic?? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
It seems all the blue bikes are getting the most attention lately![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
I wonder if someone could photochop a collage with your bike,my bike, & Darkstars?

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by vector18

It seems all the blue bikes are getting the most attention lately![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
I wonder if someone could photochop a collage with your bike,my bike, & Darkstars?

I was thinking about this the other week when Darkstar posted those stunning new pics of his bike in gorgeous blue, my tins were already with my painter but I thought that someone might think that I've copied either of you. There's no doubt that I've been influeneced by your bikes, blue is just such a beautiful colour, especially when mixed with chrome, IMO the Warrior looks great in blue, I always wanted an Indigo but could only get Titanium over here in 03.

Vec, as I've said to you before, to be mentioned in the same breath as you and Darkstar and to recieve such great comments from all of you guys (most of who's bikes are up on my garage wall in my 'Hall of Fame') is such a great honour. It makes it all the more worth it.

Now it's time to get some riding in, my Warrior has been up on the Bike Lift for far too long......did I say that I've also fitted a 31 tooth pully, what was that about Blue Warriors being the fastest [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Hey Andy, Smokin Dude! You did an awesome job, as did you're painter! Everything looks great together. I checked out your gallery first and was blown away! Sent you an email! Get ready for the crowds!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts