RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it was 60 deg up here in wisconsin,i decided to take my bike and go to the shop i work at and put the baffles back in my pipes,i stuff them inside my shirt and vest thinking they would be safe for the trip......3/4 of the way there ones blops out of my vest and goes clunk on the top of the tank.......i just repainted my bike white with a green pearl about a month ago....now i have a 3/8 long scratch/gouge on my tank,did not dent or go all the way to the metal but im still pissed because it sticks out like a sore thumb

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ouch we feel ya pain
and it's always when we do what seems such a harmless thing that it all goes t!ts up!!...an yours is the best looking 'white' bike i've ever seen - if i hadn't seen it, i wouldn't have believed white would suit the warrior..i assume the green pearl midcoat is going to cause the most rematch pain?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the problem is the pearl,im going to try and fill it in with the pearl intercoat and clear and try and make it look alright,if not i may leave it,or just repaint the tank,it sucks the big one,thanks for sympathizing with me

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I can completely empathize with you there Tausch. My paint is just the factory job but I put a nice scratch in it right on top of the tank that seems to be right in my face every time I'm even near the bike much less riding. Good luck in however you decide to handle it.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I got some great news about my paint yesterday. One of our vendors came in and said that his company has a new black pearl paint that they are dying to try. He asked if he could donate the paint for my bike just to see how it would look. After he begged for a while I said why not. When I come out to play at warrior fest somebody had better look out. Black pearl and chrome wheels yeah baby!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i couldnt just pull over either because i had the baffle in my right hand so it wouldn't due further damage,i had to down shift without a clutch,i thought i was going to rage on the side of the road,instead i kept my cool and shoved the baffle back in my shirt, dumped the clutch and roared out of there,and then when i got to the shop,the allen on the end cap off my exhaust stripped so i couldn't get the end cap to come off to put the **** baffle in,i ended up saying fudge it and went for a ride,when i got back i pulled the pipes off and got the allen off with a vise grips and got the baffles back in,it was a bad day

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
let me know how the black pearl turns out,i was going to go with a dark color with pearl,but it ends up being what ever color the pearl is but really dark,if you understand what im saying,naked nun.......sounds like something i would put on my tank

·
Registered
861 Posts
I dropped a bolt on my front fender of my stock paint and had to fight back tears-especially since the boss said "no custom paint"!!!! She loves the onyx and Indigo, but she may come home some time and find a new paint job on it anyways. Best of luck fixing it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah it's heartbreaking,no custom paint?that sucks,the guy that did my paint job is out of Mchennry in Northest I,if any of you want his info i would be glad to give it to you,he's got about 30 years experience,and he's pretty good,i think his shop rate is $45 an hour

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry for the pitch but i felt i had to considering i got my paint job for pretty much free(brother in laws dad)

·
Registered
169 Posts
in the for what it's worth dept...I just purchased a six ounce bottle of House of Color emerald green flakes for a retro job I am going to be doing on a warrior...you could lay out a graphic like what was on the 07 midnights and just put some of this flake in an intercoat or some clear...six ounces is enough to paint a few semi trucks with...I can send you some if you want...shoot me an e-mail...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts