RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess that I am going to keep the warrior at least for a while. I talked to my painter this morning and he is ready to paint but I cannot decide what color. I am patial to simple solid colors but not sure what would look best. The bike is indigo right now and I know that being the fastest color
I will loss a little performance but she needs a little change. I was thinking of painting her black cherry the same as the FJR with a little bit of pearl but I am open for suggestions. I would also like to put the enblems back on the tank is that something I can order from Yamaha?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Hi Preach !!! glad you kept the beast arounjd for a while brother!!

I'm doing the same thing this winter. Gonna go with a metalic silver with some DIY airbrush accents. I think the silver really brings out the chrome pieces nicely!.

1st things 1st though, I need to set up my spray booth. Actually gonna be more like an art studio complete with ventilation and a nice spray table. Gonna be a looooong winter so I am hoping to make the time pass with lots of painting and mods this year to some of the stock trim pieces.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Warriordog should have some emblems that came off my bike. I took them off before it got dropped, so they're in perfect shape. I'm sure you could wheel and deal with him....

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I have the 2005 Black Cherry and the 2007 FJR in Black Cherry. Thought it might be a little *&^*(&^ having two bikes with the same color but the color has grown on me and I like it a lot on both of them, good choice preacherman...

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
independent_lemming said:
Calico, go with Calico..Paisley, thats it go with that.

Calico, Paisley, Plaid....... I would expect to see that on Mikey's bike,maybe. But not Randy's bike. Solid, one color should do it. But it's got to be just the right color, ya know. Maybe a midnight with a tint of blue or the indigo in it or something. The Black Cherry is cool too. Pearls are pretty. Take your time choosing the color(s)Find a cool auto color and use it. The pearls used on the Japanese cars are really nice.You may get it one colr and thenchange your mind for something else and have to do it again. Maybe a couple of drops of some silver metallic mixed in the clearcoat to give it some more sparkle.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just a suggestion... I did a boat once this way and it was gorgeous..black basecoat with House of Color '' Blue Ice Pearl'' in the clear..you could do some dark blue subtle work, or ''ghosting'' of some sort also

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's great that you're going to keep it a while longer at least Preach and I'm sure a new paint job will do wonders to restore your enthusiasm for the ole' girl. I always lean towards the dark blues and cobalts when I do my wishing and think a solid with some ghosting of something underneath would look excellent. You have a good idea also though about doing her up Black Cherry style and having a matching pair. I can attest that Scott's set looks pretty darn nice next to each other.

Maybe the Dark Cherry but with some nice graphics on top of the tank and matching smaller accents on the fenders? I saw a bike at a bike night a few months ago that had the three crosses tastefully done on the tank and then some smaller religous referances on the fenders also. That would be a pretty fitting theme for you don't you think? Whatever you come up with I look forward to seeing.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
contrary to popular belief the indo's are not the fastest color but rather the custom colors are fastest
you should actually pick up some performance preach with the new paint job
for what it's worth though, i have a dark brandy wine marbalized( very similar to black cherry) and am constanty getting remarks from people on how nice my bike looks so imho you wont go wrong chosing a color thats similar

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my tins are in the hands of the painter. I dropped them off this morning boy does my baby look pitful with no tank and no fendors. I don't know what the tank and fendors way but she it a lot easier to move around. Once I get the tins back if the money is right I am going for the chrome wheels. I am getting the fever somebody give me a tylenol or something.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmmm... I seem to be turning a bright shade of GREEN.
Can't wait to see it Preach. Do you know which wheels you might go for yet or crossing that bridge if you come to it?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I recommend Cycle Image for Exchange ... are you going to fatten them to a 240 or 260 since you looking for some sort of change?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I guess I will stay with the 200 rear. Changing swing arms is pretty expesive and I don't want to go crazy spending. We all know how easy it is dump a couple of grand in this bike.
garnerwarrior said:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts