RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a 2006 Yamaha Warrior and I love it... But there are already a few things subtle things i would like to do... First I was wonder where to go to purchase, or how to get rid of the factory rear license plate, b/c I want to get a side mounted plate. I dont necessarily want to get rid of the old turn signals in the back but I want to clean up the rear a bit... Anyone have any suggestions about where to go, I want to keep the factory one but I am not sure who sells a replacement kit that just gets rid of the factory installed ones. Also I am looking to lower my ride about an 1-1/2 anyone know the best and affordable lowering kits out there. Anyway gotta run and thanks to however can help me out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum. you can find out just about any thing you need to know with the search button. barons makes a relocation kit for your plate and blinkers. i whacked mine off got an integrated tail light/blinkers and drilled some holes for the plate.

Insert Image:

75.04KB

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Use the search feature and search by topic, you can find an answer to almost any question.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gman

Welcome to the forum. Use the search feature and search by topic, you can find an answer to almost any question.

Ditto

Insert Image:

18.15KB

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome, Marine! Congrats on your new baby. You can look for the rear tail kit on Ebay or our site sponsers. Search for "flip and grind" in the forum....you can lower your rear for free.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcometo the 4m, yamaha also makes an inner fender eliminator to lose that ugly plastic thing. You could mod it a little
to relocate the plate.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
WarriorUSMC1171,

Welcome to the forums! As for a aftermarket license plate kit...Check out the link below:

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstarwarrior/quick_mods.htm

As others have mentioned...You can do the "Flip & Grind" method for lowering the rear of your Warrior. Here's a link:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28361

Doing the "Flip & Grind" will slam the rear of Warrior quite nicely...[^]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
818 Posts
Flip and grind is cheap but a little risky. There are lowering links and kits as well as adjustable air ride supensions. There are also a number of different options to side-mount your license plate. Most states require the plate to be lighted so you should get one that has a light built in. I used one from Performance Edge; it mounts to the side of the frame. BMS Choppers has one that mounts to the rear axle. Do a search and pick your favorite. And welcome to the 4m.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Check out Adams topic with pixs! I did the same on my bike! Turned out great!
http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47625&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=bigadam79

1 - 17 of 17 Posts