RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is:
Is the dealer going cross hatch my old cylinders? And what of that super doper coating on the cylinders, are they going to coat them again? I've heard that they are going to give us new rings but how are they going to seat themselves? Wouldn't this make for some problems down the road?
thanks

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Arthur, thought you were going with the 108. Anyways as for your question, my service manager said they would quickly run the hone through it so that new rings will seat.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going w/108 but a lot guys are not going bigger just HC. AND if they don't have to do the cross hatching or use those small rings or gaskets then that should be a credit towards some extra work. right
OR if yami wasn't planning on doing it at all then they are putting bikes out on the road that will ... well I don't know, but it's not good.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Yeah I'm with you on credit for extra work. Like what about those of us that have the BAK and the AIS removed, doesn't that save them some time on tear down and assembly? These are all valid points that I am using with my dealer so that I don't get charged to much for putting in New rods.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Cylinders won't need scuffing up for HC pistons and new rings unless there's something seriously wrong with the motor prior to getting this done. The "dope" coating will get destroyed if this is done. I've done two speedstar kits and the low mileage wear is about the same as the high mileage wear. The rings will seat alright.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Cylinders won't need scuffing up for HC pistons and new rings unless there's something seriously wrong with the motor prior to getting this done. The "dope" coating will get destroyed if this is done. I've done two speedstar kits and the low mileage wear is about the same as the high mileage wear. The rings will seat alright.

JPWARRIOR, I believe you are mistaken, I asked Rob Hughes on another thread about honing the cylinders and he said:
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

Honing would be a real good idea, just enough to take the glaze off the cylinder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts