RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
OK, it looks we got Search!

All pages have a search box on the top right of the page. Enter your search term, hit search and voila.

Please Note:
There are over a million posts that need to be indexed. The indexing will take some time, so search may be a little incomplete for a few days.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, CarKnee. I know you must have a lot on your plate with the new site, and we do appreciate your work, but is there going to be a way to narrow search results by title or look for your keyword(s) in certain forum headings?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any way to search for topics bypost title? Any way we can get replies grouped into the original post to help the sifting?

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
That is a serious limitation.....I'll never be able to tell someone to search first anymore....I was curious so I searched for "240 kit" (I realize that will get a lot of hits) I wanted to see if it would be functional....it's not. There were 3500 PAGES of hits.....each one isn't necessarily about a 240 kit install or mod.......not being sorted by the original topic really hurts

I realize you've gotta take the good with the bad, I'm just trying to identify"The Bad"

I still love this place.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The search finds all POSTS, not threads, that match your search criteria. Is it a limitation, I don't think so; I'd say it is more powerfull. If you search for 240 and it returns 1 million results, those million results will have 240 in them. You get what you ask for.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Ken (A.K.A. Big Shasta) said:
That is a serious limitation.....I'll never be able to tell someone to search first anymore....I was curious so I searched for "240 kit" (I realize that will get a lot of hits) I wanted to see if it would be functional....it's not. There were 3500 PAGES of hits.....each one isn't necessarily about a 240 kit install or mod.......not being sorted by the original topic really hurts

Try this in the search box:
exact:"240 kit"

I just tried that in random since Carknee said that searching titles you use Title:"somthing here".... and it seems to work...

I got 1109 results this way...... someone needs to put a list of search commands in the help forum...

Or CarKneeneeds to add more search fields in the advanced search options like: Excact Phrase, Title Search, GALLERY SEARCH! ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts