RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The new site totally sucks. Good thing I don't have a Warrior anymore otherwise I would be really pissed off. It is very time consuming to navigate around the site. The search feature is horrible.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm running 2007 Explorer and find no problems. A hint is to go to the upper right of the page and click edit profile. I played around in there and everything runs fine, even got an avatar up first shot.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I am glad I have had my Warrior a few years,

'Coz I won't be surfin' this site much, anymore.

I don't understand the logic of the layout, and it is waaaytooooo difficult to read. Too many lines and distractions, and moving ads....

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Re: I am glad I have had my Warrior a few years,

I'm just glad I contributed $$ on Jan 1st because I can't see any need to do that again.I'm trying to enjoy the new format but I don't see any real advances for ME. Maybe it uses less bandwidth so cheaper to run. Perhaps for a computer savvy person there are advantages to this but I don't need to write in purple cursive or have links to outside sites for pictures. Actually I think I now have to for posts of trips etc.

I do want to get to Gallery member pages as easily as before........this system is close to worthless

The previous 'active topics' was great. I could just scroll down through what I wanted very easily. Yes, this one 'works' but nowhere near as user-friendly as before

I'm still trying to find where to set my preferences (if I can) for topics to go every time toits start not last reply

Warrior of the Month has no photos on the 'announcement' page.... What use is that?

I keep asking where the realimprovements are and I'm told to stop crying and keep looking...give me a hint........preferably fairly polite

My log-in and password are no longer 'auto-fill'.

The old site was a great interest to me and I so hope this updatewill bemodified. I like change to some degree but it's usually better if there are obvious improvements. I did figure out my Avatarthough...That was easy except Shania wouldn't dance for me:{:{

Now I need togo OD on Gingko Biloba, find my rose colored glasses and all will be well. Dang, I miss RSWARRIOR.COM:{:{

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts

fcwarrior said:
I do want to get to Gallery member pages as easily as before........this system is close to worthless
What specific problems are you having, it's seems to be working fine for me.

fcwarrior said:
I'm still trying to find where to set my preferences (if I can) for topics to go every time toits start not last reply

Once again, go to Edit profile, site options and set the Sort Posts to Ascending. This setting will display every post with the oldest (ie: first post listed first) in the same way the old software did. It's really not that hard. I'm no computer geek, I load trucks for a living and I figured it out.

fcwarrior said:
I keep asking where the realimprovements are and I'm told to stop crying and keep looking...give me a hint........preferably fairly polite
I've pointed out a few but you didn't like them. You can't please everyone I guess.
fcwarrior said:
The old site was a great interest to me and I so hope this updatewill be changed or I will 'see the light'. I like change to some degree but it's usually better if there are obvious improvements. I did figure out my Avatar though...That was easy except Shania wouldn't dance for me:{:{

Well you've come along way in the last week. Before long you will have forgotten what the old site even looked like.
The old site didn't just appear in the form you saw it at it's end. It was 5 years worth of tweaks, coding and add-ons by Carknee to improve it. I'm sure this software will be no different. Rest assured the site will never be migrated back to the old unsupported software, though. But this one will get improvements and tweaked features . It won't happen overnight, like the rest of us, he has a full time job in the real world and a family to take care of, but it will happen. And you will most likely figure it all out before to long. Until then feel free to ask any questions and I will try to figure it out for you.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts

If you go to "RoadStar Network" you can see the old version still. I must admit I'm not real fond of this new version, but understand the change had to be made. I still long for the days when RSWarrior had a BLUE background! LOL! Remember the uproar when THAT changed? heh heh! IMHO there IS less functionality with this version, but confident it will get tweeked to get the bugs worked out. We need a "Suggestions for Improvement" thread started. My first suggestion would to simply try to match the former layout/options as best as possible. Now, some things I DO like about the new layout:

My Purple thingy seems to be longer than most others Purple thingies.

Nice integrated spell checker. (oops - I don't see it now - where'd it go?)

There's a way to change your displayed user name on the fly (hence my new mouthfull of a name!)

I believe the new format would look pretty good on a widescreen monitor (more horz realestate)

Integrated vids in a thread (cool!)

Some gripes:

The galleries are a tad difficult to browse

No more image storage on-site

PMs didn't migrate

MANY former users didn't migrate (where's FLB? Vector? Monstrddge? to name a few)

Needs an Active Topics button and the ability to program (AND remember) how far "back in time" to go. (I know: use "Posts you have not read"). I simply click the link in my browser for the "TopicsActive.aspx". Works but a little bit of a pain.

I've run Firefox next to Explorer (I run two monitors) and I don't see a difference. Works fine both ways.

Anyway, I'm getting used to it and hope some others will be patient and give it all a chance. I hate to lose people from this site.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Yup, figured out the ascending order:}:}

As far as using the gallery. If I want to find Sangathor's gallery just by looking through 'All Galleries', how do I find it other than chance choice in the 206 pages?

I know I have no choice with this website. I love RSW but it just seems a shame that it's now like this. I know, just deal with it.....

PS Sangathor....I really appreciate your time and help:}

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Desert Warrior said:
Change is good. Give it some time. I'm sure as they get to know the software and adjust it and add features it will grow on us. It was the same when the internet started. Its new so there will be a learning curve just like the first time you found a forum. As time goes on you will adjust. Just my opinion.

Exactly!!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts

fcwarrior said:
As far as using the gallery. If I want to find Sangathor's gallery just by looking through 'All Galleries', how do I find it other than chance choice in the 206 pages?

Ok I was just playing around with the All Gallerys page, and I'll give you that, It needs some work.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Can't say I like the new site nearly as much as the old. it's like going home after a long time just to find out the town has completely changed. I'm not going to ***, I'm sure it was all done for a reason, I just won't frequent as much as it is more difficult to get around and do things. I don't want to have to struggle on a site I called home for so long. In fact until this post I just didn't post here because of the difficulties I was having enjoying the site.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

I like the new site, it took me a few days to learn how to move around but i like the change ( thanks carknee and moderators) Where did all the old folks go? Wow and look at all the new folks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts