RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that Baron is selling a BAK for the warrior that is hidden. It is suppose to add about 5-8 horses. Any thoughts out there about the product. They did not have the price but the sales guy thought it would be under $200.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Billh has plans for a BAK that you can't see. Look on his webpage. I have done it with his instructions plus some other mods. Why spend the money for what Baron has to offer? Depending on what is included in the kit.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It does sound like the same thing everyone else is doing, just packaged together. But if it includes the krancase vent then the price would be fair.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would like to see where he re-located the coils to. In another couple of weeks...when the riding season is over around here...I'm going to pull the tank and change several things...and moving the coils is one of them.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I will tell you one thing. If the Baron has the Ball's to copy an ideal that was orginated from another source that's real low. To market somebody else's ideal is slimy and down right wrong.

·
Registered
359 Posts
He is lumping together some of the things that we have done to our bikes and selling it as a package. Not so sure how ethical it may be, but I don't beleive anyone on either of the main Warrior forums had plans to do this. If this is his business, then he is only doing his job. It's not like he robbed anyone of an opportunity.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I suppose you are somewhat right, but I expected the Baron to come out with an "ORIGINAL" & "UNIQUE" design. Kind of like the flyer they sent out, it had a Warrior with a replacement side filter cover similar to the RoadStar's with cool and different design's. The Baron is known for his originality. I have been doing buisness with the Baron's for 6 year's and have alway's been very happy with his product's and service. I am very interested to see "HIS" new BAK for the Warrior. Then we all will know the "TRUTH".

·
Registered
683 Posts
well i 'll tell you what i did the bak mod wu=ith the ru1280s and i dyno with that at dales,then i put the stock box back on and dynoed again at dales.the results with the bak were 80 hp and 100 tq.with out the bak the results were 77.9 hp and 104 tq.baron is claiming an increase of10% hp and increased tq.i asked on the bb for dyno #'s and he said he would supply then in a couple of weeks.i think he is doing something different,according to him his dyno runs were with stock pipe.10% of the stock bikes hp would be 7.6 hp added to 76 would equal around 83 hp with no pipe mods.in other words i have to see it to beleive it based on my own exp

·
Registered
471 Posts
As I understand it the barrons kit includes crankcase & another filter
coil relocation bracket.
The key to the hp is going to be in the pwc mapping I have not seen a map as of yet how ever I spoke with Barrons yesterday and they had both BAK & radius bars instock.
My experince has always been that you get what you pay for.
[8D]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the input. This is a great site for info. I went ahead and ordered the BAK from Baron, I will post some pics when I get it installed. I think I am going to order their nude pulley system as well.

Thanks again for the input.[^]

·
Registered
174 Posts
went ahead and ordered the bak, ais and peg extensions from baron's today. will let you know when i get them and how they install. gal was nice on the phone and sounded like she new all the parts from the amount of orders that were coming in. Hope it works out, but need to have projects for the winter so i could stay out of the basement remodel. still trying to get the guts to expierment with my own mods. still feel better installing someones elses even if the directions are in greek, that is if i read them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts