RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change my stock tires on my Warrior.
Nothing wrong with them I just like Metzeler's and have
always road them on my Roadstar. I haven't seen any mention
of them on here and I might not be looking in the right
place. Remember I'm a chick and shouldn't no anything about
these machines [:I] Give me some feed back on what you all think
is the best tire for the handling, as I really like how it handles
with the stock tires. I just want more. Us Women always wanting more.
[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Take a look at the Avon Storms, Awesome grip, great mileage. Allot of people on this forum have had good luck with them..

They are the replacements for the Avon Azero which that tire was great and this one is suppose to be better..

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum..

BTW don't forget to put some pics up in your gallery..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had good luck with my Metzler's on my Roadstar and I put them through ****.
I spent a lot of time in the burn out pit.
I'm not saying I want them on this bike. I just wanted to know what the best is
for this bike. It sounds like the Avon's is the way to go.
Just in listening to other people talk you only get about 3000 miles out of an Avon and I do a lot of riding.

As for pictures. I haven't got any of my bike yet. I got this Warrior a week ago today.
I am still trying to get around on this forum.
Maybe I can get bucky685 to help me???

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mystar

I had good luck with my Metzler's on my Roadstar and I put them through ****.
I spent a lot of time in the burn out pit.
I'm not saying I want them on this bike. I just wanted to know what the best is
for this bike. It sounds like the Avon's is the way to go.
Just in listening to other people talk you only get about 3000 miles out of an Avon and I do a lot of riding.

As for pictures. I haven't got any of my bike yet. I got this Warrior a week ago today.
I am still trying to get around on this forum.
Maybe I can get bucky685 to help me???

I always swore by the Metzeler 880s when I had a Roadstar and for most other cruisers but for the Warrior I love the Avons. I currently have Azaros and when I need to replace them it will be with the Storms. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
be prepared to speed a ton on tires....

this bike has a very steady appitite for them, i only have 5800 miles on mine, and im not the most agressive rider and my 2nd stock tire is nearly worn out (will be within 500 miles)

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Don't get rid of the stockers until you wear them out. Tires go way to quick to change them for anything else. I just put on rear tire number 11 and I have 23k miles on my bike. I've ran all sorts of Dunlops and Metzlers and I didn't feel any of them were any better handling-wise than the rest.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Chris the Metz M3 (200/50 17) will stick like glue but I like to run the Metz Z6 in the front, but I would do as Sang said. Wait till you blow the old ones out, Will be in about 3k miles or so.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Unfortunately, Metzler doesn't make an exact fit for the rear. The closest size is a 210 50/R17. Stock is 200 50/R17. Because of this, the Metzler wears at an accelerated rate. I got the Metz, and I loved the look, as it was visually larger, but it wore out waaay too fast.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mystar

....Just in listening to other people talk you only get about 3000 miles out of an Avon and I do a lot of riding.....

I get more like 7,000 on my Avons.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Nice bike Chris!! Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to try some. Seems like a lot of people, me included, really like the Avons but they only last in inverse proportion to the twist of the wrist:}:} Also I replace my tires earlier than some, way before the belts are showing. My life depends on those tires and I will not skimp even if I get less use out of them. I'm on my second set of Azaros and will try the Storms next.....

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I have been running the Excedra G850 in the rear and Dunlop 220 in the front. I like the combo.

Here is a link to the feeding frenzie when they came out.
http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23414&SearchTerms=G850

We all seem to be looking for the miricale tire. Sangathor is correct, keep whatever you have till it wears out. Some of us can get good milage out of tires. He is not one of those people. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Your bike is sharp. Like it a lot!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts