RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have 4000 on my bike never done a burn out all I've done is accelerate hard a few times , almost to the warning mark on the tire ,is this normal , if so , is there a better tire that I can get more wear out of? and whats the cost ? thanks for any response !

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes it is VERY normal.
Do a search on tires and get everyones input. Mine is, if your not going racing, get at "Touring/Sport" tire. Touring is a harder compound.

Good Luck

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm going to say yes. I had 3800 (with a few burn-outs) and had wire showing. FYI- I just ordered and installed the new Avon AV46 200/50ZR17 and love it. Got it in 48 Hrs from www.tiresunlimited.com Call TJ and he will take care of you. Price was $167.29 (includes shipping cost) and the service is great. I found it cheaper but Tires Unlimited stocks them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
pig dog you have to use the right handlebarstuff that is moveable**just kidding** i got 3500km out of my first tire and was chocked when i saw the cord after 1 month (only 2 small burnouts)*S*
ride safe

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was able to get 7000 miles out of the original rear tire with 2 burnouts,and just replaced the front at about 9500 due to it cupping.How long are the burnouts you are doing and on whay surface???Ride Safe!!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was able to get 7000 miles out of the original rear tire with 2 burnouts,and just replaced the front at about 9500 due to it cupping.How long are the burnouts you are doing and on whay surface???Ride Safe!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got just over 7000 miles on the original rear tire, and still have tread to spare. I've even smoked it several times and it still looks okay, though it does show wear. I was talking to a guy down at Deals Gap (www.ridethedragon.com) and he said he only got 2000 miles on his original tire and never smoked it once. I have no idea why there is such a wide range of tread wear.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
9800 miles, no burnouts, just put on my 3rd tire, a Metzler 210,don't expect more than 3,000 - 3,500 miles.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Got 6400 on the original BT020 rear, no burnouts, no hard stops, although I do like to accelerate somewhat aggressively. Still have plenty of tread to spare, be surprised if I don't break 8000 miles at least. Maybe it has something to do with how much time you spend on the sides of the tire leaned over (twisties) vs the center tread (superslabbing or local streets)??

·
Registered
60 Posts
I only got 2300 miles on my stock Dunlop and the first 1000 were easy ones. No burnouts and down to the cords before replacing it. The front is showing cupping also. Tire air pressure has been maintained at 36-38 pounds during the entire time. Maybe it is the bad Pennsylvania roads? I stay off the interstates and ride only twisty back roads at a brisk pace. I also use the front brake for 90% of my stopping power. Maybe the guys getting the high miles are racking them up on the interstate highways?

Looks like I will get one new front for every two rear tires. I'm working off a Metzler M1 Sportec right now. Nice and sticky. Paid $149 at a dealer for our stock size plus another $35 to mount and balance it after I had removed the wheel. I also got a set of Avons mail order from Discount Motorcycle Tire and Accessories to try after the Metzler. Paid $95 for front and $141 for the rear plus about $11 each shipping. Also got a Michelin Pilot Sport for after the rear Avon goes. That was $179 plus $11 shipping from the same place. Should have enough tires to last this summer I hope.

I hit the corners hard, my peg whiskers are about 25% gone, and I didn't notice any difference or problems mixing the Metzler rear with the Dunlop front, although the front is not nearly as sticky as the rear. Chicken strip is about 1/2" with the Metzler before the pegs start to drag. I'm hoping new and modified forward controls will give me a bit more ground clearance.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My stock dunlop went 3800 miles with 4 short burnouts. Wires showing when I replaced it. I got a Bridgestone BT 010 from Discount Motorcycle and love it. Over 1,000 miles on it and it looks new. And , it doesn,t break loose as easy as the stock tire.
Clyde

·
Registered
683 Posts
i got about 6800 on my first battleaxe.i think that tire wear has alot to do with temperature where you ride,how much straightline riding you do and road condition,i probably could of put another 1000 on the battleaxe but i was taking a trip and didn't want to chance it.i have about 5500 on this one and it is still in good shape.these tires are funny they will look good for a long time but once they hit a certain point they wear extremely fast.i have a brand new battleaxe in my closet because i know when it hits that certain point you can wear it out in a single day of riding.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I got 3800 from my stock dunlops, 1000 from the 210 Metzler[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] and just put on a new Dunlop D208. This new dunlop seemed to grab pretty good. Unfortunately I only got 200 miles out of her! When the nice lady in the SUV decided to try and launch me and my Warrior into the stratosphere, she took out my new tire, among other things. Not sure what tire I'm gonna put on now. I can pretty much pick any tire I want this time [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just adding to the statistics...
Stock Dunlop got almost 4000k
Looks like most riders are getting
3800k to 4200k miles on the Dunlop
maybe a little more on the Bridestone
Thanks guys it helps to read all the
input. Feel better making informed
decisions.

·
Registered
219 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Clyde

My stock dunlop went 3800 miles with 4 short burnouts. Wires showing when I replaced it. I got a Bridgestone BT 010 from Discount Motorcycle and love it. Over 1,000 miles on it and it looks new. And , it doesn,t break loose as easy as the stock tire.
Clyde

Same experience here Clyde, I have run this tire pretty hard and it is showing hardly any wear at 1000k miles. Of course until I break past 3500 on it I am still skeptical on whether or not it will last as long as the 020 Stocker??

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 1warrior

ok I have 4000 on my bike never done a burn out all I've done is accelerate hard a few times , almost to the warning mark on the tire ,is this normal , if so , is there a better tire that I can get more wear out of? and whats the cost ? thanks for any response !

How is the front one???

For replacement I vote for Avon AV45/46. Good Luck[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts