RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow beast owners. I've been relocated by employer to Brisbane. I shipped my beast from Puerto Rico (US) and it has a side mounted license plate.I need thelicense plate bracket, rear reflector, and license light unit assembly to make it legal again. I just need them to be able to register it, so if you want to sell or even rent until I can get it register, please let me know. Mymobile is 0421 413 915 or work 07 3039 4720. Looking forward toriding with other local Warriors in the Brissi area.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey mate i dont have one but some of the other guys here might so just see how you go look forward to a ride sometime you on the south side or north

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Beunos Dias Amigo,
Bienvenidos al forum

If you can't find a bracket then maybe we can organise to have one made up for you.
I have some friends on the northside of Brisbane that can do just about anything.

Give me a call if you have any other issues with registration as my Chopper frame builder had to jump through hoops to get his chopper registered when he bought it over from England so he may have some tips for you. 0415 331 278

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definetively need it. Can we meet sometime next week and work something out? I'm staying in Carindale, but work in Spring Hill. Give me a ring and

we'll get together. 0421 413 915...thx

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Be carefull if you get one of the fender elimantor kits because one of the ADR's that you will need to pass refers to the distance between the indicators. I think that they have to be 300mm apart. I had little indicators on the fender elimnator and it ended up that they were only 250mm apart. One day during a department of transport biker harrassment day they went right over my bike and gave me a defect notice for both the noise from the exhausts and the distance between the indicators.

The stock indicators "should" be far enoguh apart. I will have a look tonight but I think I have the rear fender and the stock indicators still in my shed. But no promises because I have shifted a fair bit of stuff lately.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spokes,

When you referred to "indicators", are you referring to the turn signals? I spoke with a local Yamaha dealer requesting info on parts needed to make the bike legal here (after showing him a picture), and he didn't say anything about the rear turn signals.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Yes mate I mean turn signals

I would take everything that your local yamaha dealer says with a grain of salt. They sell bikes... and thats about all they're good for!

I am just about to head out into the shed and see if I have any of those parts left.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Bad luck I am sorry.

I must have sold that inner fender with the bits I got rid of a few months ago. And I only found one of the "turn signals" (indicators) so god only knows where the other one has gone. Funnily enough I still have the exhaust and headers. Strange how we all seem to havethem lying around.

good luck. Give us ring if you need any more help but I don't know that I can be much use to you now.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to downunder... great place to be

I might be able to help you with:

indicators, allthough you might have to make some wiring, because I cut off the original.

reflector thingies, the round ones to each side

license plate light plus reflector (i think it had a reflector on it??)

But the original bracket to hold all, sorry cannot help you with.

In regards to the width between indicators, yes spokes is right, it needs a minmum of 300 mm between indicators

also the indicators need to be E4 (??) labeled. (i think)

Just PM or email me

Hiya spokes, good to see you are still arround, time for a
sometime?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Flyingdutchman said:
also the indicators need to be E4 (??) labeled. (i think)

Just PM or email me

Hiya spokes, good to see you are still arround, time for a
sometime?

Definately going to have to go for a drink soon. I have been so flat out in my new role at work lately that I am just going to have make some time to catch up soon.

You're right about the indicators needing to be E4 stamped on the lens also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts