RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, so I wanted to say hello. I have been a part of many other forums and have found the information to be much better than going to the manufactures. I don't have a Warrior, but I am currently considering a Blacked out 07 or 08. I have a lot of friends with VRods, and I have to admit, it is a fun bike. I obviously don't like the HD mark-up, but I do like the pure grunt in regards to the power. I like the looks of the Warrior better, expecially since it is air cooled vs the HD VRod liquid cooled, (Dumb radiator).

I am sure I will have some more detailed questions later, but for now. Just hello and hopefully I can get some good information so I can make the right decision.

BTW I just sold a 2005 BMW R1200RT, that is why I am in the market again.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum, mconley. One the about the Warrior that you will find out if you get one, the torque of the Warrior is worth more smiles than the hp of the Vrod. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] You already like the looks of the Warrior. You won't be sorry if you get the Warrior, so start looking for yours! You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I to liked the HD but i can't see my self owning one[xx(] and ihave a 02 and love it,[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] not to mention the family we have on this site[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

welcome and if you get the beast,[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] i think you'll be happy[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
mconley2,

First off...Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!!

Your story sounds like many of the other stories here from new members who were looking for something different, other than a Harley. I looked at the V-Rods myself...Probably would have bought one if the salesman at the HD dealer would have been a little more helpful. Anyway...Once I test rode the Warrior, I knew it was the bike for me...This thing handles like no other bike...She's a sport bike dressed up as a cruiser. She has performance, as well so don't be fooled. No! She may not have the horsepower of some bikes, including the V-Rod. But she can hold her own and if you're willing to part with some cash. You can make the Warrior into one formidable machine. And of course, as you mentioned...The looks! She's one beautiful piece of machinery. Nothing else like her!

Oh...While I'm thinking about it...Did you say you were looking at getting a "blacked out" Warrior!? Mmmmmm...That wouldn't mean you are interested in the "Midnight" Edition Warrior would it!?[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I looked at Harley, bought a Warrior and have told myself many times, "I'm glad I didn't buy a Harley".

Welcome.

·
Registered
344 Posts
07 warrior midnight would be my pick over a 08
the 08 does not have black wheels. the tank has a sticker on it that says star
the o7 has black wheels and a raised black, crome and red Warrior on the tank.
I just like the looks of the 07 much more than the 08 imo.

bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My local dealer has an '07 Midnight listed at $10k. I am so tempted. I too like the all blacked out wheels. Not to please with the coffee can muffler, the chrome head light ring, and the foot pegs. Quick modifications would be the small floar boards and black handle bars and head light ring. I have started looking, but haven't found the right part for handle bars and head light ring yet.

Thanks for all the replies, I will keep you posed on the status.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by Screamin04R1

Welcome aboard and there is nothing wrong with black!

I really like the flat black color. Great looking bike. I might use it for a reference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also rode the v-rod before I bought my 06 warrior. The warrior definitely handles better and had more low end torque off the line. This bike gives me the most fun and smiles out of the 5 bikes in 4 years and almost 50,000 miles of riding. You will love the warrior. It's more fun every time I take her for a ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum! An 07 for $10.000 sounds like a good deal! I would grab it while you still can before someone else does. The water heater is one of the first mods seen on a lot of the warrior on this forum. Wonder why???? It weighs a lot too which you will see if you ever decide to replace it. Good luck! Hope you get the warrior.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
mconley, one thing not mentioned often is the general reliability of Japanese engineering and manufacturing. The Warrior took a step forward in '02 with a motorcycle designed to make your heart race when opened up while giving cornering capabilities unmatched in it's class. The '07 looks like a great bike to me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts