RS Warrior Forum banner

New to Forum

Tags
884 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  bayareaEMT 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi There,

I am new to this forum and also new to the cruiser world. Since 1996 I have been riding motorcycles but mostly sport or sport touring category and never had Cruisers.

Now after turning 50+ last year, I decided to give cruisers a try and found a great deal for 2009 Warrior in Red color bone stock with 9.5k miles in local SF Bay area. Usually in summer motorcycle prices are ridiculous over here. I own 2007 Yamaha R1 Raven as well. My wife is looking to get some max-scoot 300+ cc.

Since I got the Warrior, I put about 700 miles and following mods I have done and might do more as time permits.

1) Double T custom bar
2) Kurakyn grips
3) Kurakyn cruise control
4) 3A Racing exhaust (Bought for under $300 from Australia. It was used. Item was only $100 but shipping killed me)
5) Kurakyn forwarding footpegs
6) Power Commander III
7) Integrated Tail light
8) LED blinkers
9) LED Headlight
10) Lithium Ion Battery
11) K&N filters set

So far I installed a new front tire myself and will be installing rear one in about 1500-2000 miles. I changed oil & filter, air filters, spark plugs, gear oil.

By Profession I am emergency medical technician.

Hopefully I will be able to get lots of help from fellow members for Warrior related questions and possibly I will be able to help others as well from what I learnt.

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome aboard from Northern NY State! Congrats on your RSW purchase and may she bring you years of faithful, reliable service.
You got a good jump on making her yours so when able post some pics for us to drool over and as always; the guys on this forum are
the best. They know this bike inside and out and are very willing to share the knowledge so take advantage when needed. Ride Safe
and Be Safe! Also, thank YOU for what you do for the public.
Rg

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum. Great find and price!
If you've gone all LED, you should read up on the COD (click of death) if you haven't already.
And since you're modding, Ivan's ECU flash as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Thanks a lot guys. Bike is fun so far except some vibrations (I am searching through forum here as there are so many threads on vibrations). I put on about 400+ miles riding through local highways in bay area.

In last few days, I got rid of Lithium Ion battery ( Returned to Amazon) and got a regular AGM battery. Now I lost that extra few cubic inches that I had due to smaller sized Li-Ion battery.

Will post back in some time. Have about 1-2 months left for riding then I am going to store the bike for few months until March or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.