RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, and am considering buying a new Warrior. I now have a 99 Roadstar with HC pistons,cams,BAK,2 into 1 and many other mods. I have browsed some of the forum and it seems to be a wealth of information. I am used to the Delphi Roadstar Riders forum so am still getting used to navigating here. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the stock Warrior would be more powerful than the mods I described above. I haven't had it on a dyno so don't really know what the HP is now. Also, does the stage 4 speedstar kit work real good, or is the Patrick or OE a better way to go? Thanks Craig

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
think the stock warrior will be faster than your bike with the mods....for one it is about 100 lbs lighter. would go with Patrick racing over the speedstar kit. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I think it will be faster, but if not the Warrior will handle much better, more tourque, and much better looking!

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. If you look in the speedstar section of the yamaha book you will notice that the Roadstar speedstar kit actually creates more HP/ and TQ than the warrior with its speedstar kit. Does this answer your question??? I see you live in MN maybe we can schedule a race with a member...Again welcome to the site

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome and the info. Hope to use your expertise on the Warrior when I decide to make the purchase, and when I do some mods on it.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Even if the Warrior isn't faster out of the box than your modded out Roadie, it has so much more potential. Do yourself a favor, get the Warrior. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome armad. Get buying and then get modding, the handling is soooo much better than the Roadie, you won't look back I assure you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ex sportbike rider here, and believe me this bike is so much fun. I was worried that it would not be as fun or powerful as my previous bikes but not only does it look just as good, it runs like a scalded ape! Takes some getting used to, lower rpm's, but man does it have torque!!

God Bless, ride safe!
JC

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice everyone! I have toyed with the idea of adding the Warrior, and keeping my Roadie. Everyone should have at least two bikes. Maybe I should pursue that Speed Triple also?????

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
quote:Originally posted by armad

Everyone should have at least two bikes. Maybe I should pursue that Speed Triple also?????

Welcome, sell the Roadie and get the warrior and a naked sport bike!
I love my Warrior & Z1000

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Turn around and run away.....you will spend all your money and turn around and blaim all of us for you being poor. LoL! Welcome to The Forum!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
My dad has a 2003 roady with stage 4.. It goes good, but no where near my warrior.
This winter we added a HSR carb and PR headwork. He should be getting close

Kyle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts