RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, have been gohsting for couple months great site, people and info. bought a 02 warrior about 3 weeks ago from second owner. bike had 7400 miles is 99% perfect only having 2 teeny tiny marks on the paint and alot of subtle cosmetics (billet, chrome, powdercoating, etc). i was like a kid at xmas when he agreed to my $7500.00, then i got on and road it home holy mother of god!! here are a couple of my ?'s the 1st owner had the recall done and i was told he had the speed star kit installed how do i know what this may have consisted of as i have noticed ther are different stages? the second owner removed the speedstar pipes and installed v&h pro pipes then changed to the currently equiped muzzy 2-1 i like! it dose have a bak but not churchkey's just tb mounted k&n's. dont know if i have after mkt ecu not sure exactly what to look for? any other things i should look for? thanks now for the help i know i will get from what i have seen here.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I bought my '02 in '03 from the second owner also - 2600 miles. Almost completely stock.
Did he say yours was a "stage 4"? Or didn't say?
If the coils have been relocated under the tank - then it's a Barons BAK.
I'm not sure how to tell if you have the speed* pistons or not. Perhaps a compression check / then check you #'s compared to someone with HC's installed? And then there's the cams and the injectors... hmm I seem to remember the bigger injectors have a different color connector. That would be one thing you could check pretty easy. Now we need someone to chime in on what THAT color is!

Welcome to the board too!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
SPD-5PX09-50-04 is the part # for the S* ECU. I think the connectors on the S* injectors are grey, but not sure.

Oh yes Welcome.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
# on ecu is 72-5px-70-1z07 and injector connectors are gray. i was thinking it was barons bak looks like it is. going to have to go with the vbak! still going to have to investigate deeper, the previous owner showed me a dyno slip from a reputable local shop 98hp. 117ft/lbs. this seems to be a fair bit higher than i am seeing on the 4m. i was sure it was ligit. the guy was honest and i believe him and know the shop has a very good rep. maybe dyno out of calibration, it is a wheel dyno. just got me wondering.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

Nice engine mount on the left side... welcome

you like the mount!? i was thinking about making some this winter during weather forced down time. maybe i will try and strike up some interest on the 4m. thanks mike, and all the rest of the brothers ride on!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts