RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading previous posts where people ask for advice on what price they should pay. I am looking at two and thought I would get everyones thoughts.

49.77 KB[/img]

It looks really sweet but I get concerned when the description list Pr Kit and Pistons. Yet it seems like a lot of people on the board recommend making engine mods if you buy 2002 that hasn't had the recall done yet. My concern is I want a bike I can have fun with and not worry about breaking down due to engine mods.

Any thoughts? The buyer is asking $8500 and it is a 2003. I think this is pricy but thought I would see. It also has PCIII and big shots

The second one I am looking at is this

Insert Image:

64.06 KB

I like the setup because I would like to do some weekend trips but i'm not so crazy about the red. This one is listed at $8200 but has new tires, PCIII, mustang seats,V&H and 8500 miles

So I know you guys have been enjoying Warriors for a while and can point out things I haven't thought about. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome! Both bike look great. I would do a more accurate side by side comparison listing the year, milage and modifications. I think you will get more accurate advice.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
That first bike is a good deal considering the mods involved. My suggestion: Ask for an inspection if possible. Ride it and make sure there is no valve clatter or pinging when hot. Pull the plug that you can access wout removing the tank and check its color. If that all checks out, there is no reason not to trust that first bike.

Personally, I think all the junk on the second bike kills the look. The warrior is a sleek, sexy, torque machine....putting a fairing and studded bags on it....yuck...get a Hardley if you want that look.

Just my $0.02...either bike is a Warrior...so that makes it better than most out there.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
it doesn't matter...take in some thoughts from others but it doesn't matter..it is all in what u r willing to spend to make urself happy...period..he likes bags he doesn't..the recall is done..it's not..everyone knows the depreciation on these machines...some bought their machines new as I did only to find out if u wanted to trade up they want to give u $3,000-$6,500 for them after u put $4,000-$6,000 into them..I do agree with the side by side comparison idea though..good luck in ur choice and welcome to the site....

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Bike number1 is 102% sexier and not very pricey when you concider the mods I bet hes got 19-20-k in reciepts (including bike) If you going to take a ride and go camping bike number 2 is the bike for you. I dont think a couple mods in the intake and HC pistons are going to cause reliability isssues. People here ride some bad ass 110s that ride all over the place with out issues.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
quote:Originally posted by xenarchi

I don't think the mid 8's is too much.

down here in Fl. I have over 11.5 for asking with that much stuff on it for 02's[8D]hmmm the Terminator Warrior or the Jed Clampet warrior, looks like a 240 on the back of the Bike 1, if that's the case I can see over 6 k in upgrade from this side alone. 1.8k on the stocker - Crome wont get you home but it might get ya laid [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by Jon_Cocktoastel

quote:Originally posted by xenarchi

I don't think the mid 8's is too much.

Crome wont get you home but it might get ya laid [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Now we are talking!! [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Thanks for the input everyone. I agree the first one is definitely sexy. I have been researching the PR Kits more and it looks like it isn't as extreme as I had thought. I will give the guy a call and ask a few question. If I go see the bike, I do think i will have the local dealer do an inspection because I am not technical enough really recognize the valve chatter.

So since the warriors are already torque monsters, I wonder how much of a beast this thing is going to be? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Pr Air kit & pistons are not going to wake the bike up that much or hurt your reliability.

Also with high gas prices now adays the pistons will cost you more in gas because of the higher octane.

You can always sell the items off the bike that you don't want, I would buy which ever one has the most things that you want or would do. Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Stressreleif, if you've never ridden a warrior, be prepared for the torque. Make sure you're hanging on tightly and pointing straight ahead or you may end up with a little bit of evidence on your shorts. They are definetely big grin generators. Good luck on your purchase and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd buy the Midnight edition (top) pic. Thats the way it should look, SCARY!
I was bouncing back and forth between a Harley FLH or a Ninja 1400cc Rocket, so I found this 05 Midnight Warrior 0.3 miles at a local dealer and it fit my needs perfectly. The one I bought has a 220 rear tire, Drag bars, V&H pipes and I dont know what else they did to it but it's plenty fast. I paid like $13.500 for it nothing down $251 month. My Law enforcement retirement pays for it. I would have done the V-rod, but I already did a few Harleys, needed a change. I have now found out that the V-Rod is faster in a straight away, but who cares, I already got this Warrior to 120mph on a back road, throttle remaining too. Shart man, my lips were wrapped around my helmet anyhow at that speed! I want a town "light to light" and back road machine anyhow in this type of machine. Shart, if I want to do fast straights I would have gotton a Ninja.
I am happy with mine and I think you would be the same.
GET THE BLACK BIKE IT'S COOL.......

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Her favorite color is CHROME!" I like the first one chrome covers, crome wheels, chrome fender stays /emoticons/emotion-1.gif, but the second one looks better for road trips

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I first looked at the two bikes I like the second more just because I would like to take some weekend trips etc on the bike. However, now I am really starting to really dig the black. I left the guy a VM today and will try and get in contact with him tomorrow. Hopefully it hasn't sold already.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
How many miles does the first one have? That's the one I'd be leaning towards, because, as stated before, the PR Air kit & HC pistons won't have a noticeably negative effect on reliability. Depending on mileage, I'd try and get that one for $7700 -$8000.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sooooo...I have called this guy twice and haven't heard back so I am guessing it is sold. /emoticons/emotion-6.gif Kinda sucks when you get all excited.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts