RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. Wuzz up?

New to site and at this time I do not own a Warrior, I'm in the market for one and I'd like to hear the pro's and con's about the bike.. Right now I ride a Kawaski ZX-14.. Great bike just not good for long distance riding.. Will the Warrior be a good bike to commute,cruz and tour around on?

any info would be appriciated..

Thanks
-Steve

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
The answer is yes. I have an 02 which I bought in 02. I changed the seat, got a small windshield, and some soft bags and she eats the miles with comfort and ease.

You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Welcome a board. The Warrior is perfect. Your ZX-14 will be perfect too is you could change the clip-ons to a better relaxed position. Try first with old Kawasakis models for compatibility.Good Luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm a newbie but not completely new to bikes. Rode a 87 Honda v-65 supermagna before a mopar bug bit and got off of the bikes for about 10 years now. My point, I test drove a VTX, a Mean Streak, and did everything but drive the V-Rod, when I decided to ride again. My Dad had recently purchased a Roadstar Midnight Silverado and I had the luxury of testing it for a couple longer rides. It is a big bike and it rode very nicely but I wanted something that could lean in the corners more aggressively. Hence the Warrior. I'm not gonna knock the other bikes. With mods and a little tweaking they can all go faster than we should and can look very good doing it. Simply put, in my 20 years of spending money, very few things I've bought have given me the joy this bike is giving me. Keep doing what your doing, ask around, try to weed out the "my bike is the best only" guys and take a warrior for a spin. The torque is deceiving and I haven't a mod on my bike yet. Can't imagine how fast the guys that work their bikes over are...yet.
Just mark this as a vote from an open minded guy for the Warrior.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Take this as a "no" vote...While I love my warrior, It has cost me countless hours of thought, and painstaking labor. Not to mention money! If you get bit buy this bug...You'll pay! With lots of looks from jealous, and envious onlookers, and hours of looking at your bike admirring how beautiful it is. Oh and the cheezy [email protected] eating grin that won't come off your face for days, or weeks at a time, after riding. So give this some thought before making the decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Dude seriously, stop responding to old posts....I shouldn't have to check the date too see if it's a 4 month old post you're responding to...it might boost your post count but it makes this site tougher to use.

·
Administrator
28,804 Posts
+1.

Oops. I just bogarted an extra post in my count too . . . sorry.

quote:Originally posted by condrons

Dude seriously, stop responding to old posts....I shouldn't have to check the date too see if it's a 4 month old post you're responding to...it might boost your post count but it makes this site tougher to use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts