RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all! I just got my hands on an ‘09 and wanted to introduce myself.

Me,
My name is Shawn I’m 37 this year and have been riding in the streets for about 20 years with my first bike being a Yamaha 350 enduro. I live South East Of Houston Texas with my family.

Bike,
2009 warrior in Liquid Silver with 4400 miles on it. I am the second owner and came across this bike that had been sitting under a tarp in a shed for 3 years with the old man cranking it up once or twice a month. Said he can’t ride it due to arthritis and all it needed was a back tire and a battery. This was 4 days ago.

Where we are now,
I’ve got a new battery and new front and back Michelin Commander III’s. Despite being low miles it looks weathered due to sitting outside so I’m going to start cleaning it up and replacing the cosmetics.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome from Germany and ride safe !

Went to Houston two times for business travels ....... had some beer at the Flying Sourcer 😇
Visited the Rodeo, concert wit Toby Keith and saw Galveston ..... liked it a lot....... appears to be ages ago. Hang in there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good looking bike. congrats on snagging a cool sled. welcome to the forum from Oklahoma. any info you need is here.
Very much appreciate it! Gunna start with a clean up to get her looking good again. Like I said it’s been sitting under a tarp in a shed for 3 years so there’s some weathered bits and rust in some spots.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright guys so I’m up against something and could use some input. Like I stated this bike had been sitting for awhile and it needed a new battery that was replaced by the previous owner. This has been working just fine for a week or so and now the battery went dead today. Nothing was left on and it only sat for 1 day. I hooked up the battery tender and charged it up for awhile and it fired right up so I thought I was good. Took it for a ride and stopped to get fuel and the bike barely fired back up to get me home so I’m thinking alternator? The battery looks new and connections seem good. Thanks in advance for input y’all!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
First check BATTERY cable's make sure clean n snug..

If that's all good. .

Replace BATTERY......

Probably what happened the P/O never kept it on a battery tender , and that cause the battery to have a short life span.

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts