RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
First check BATTERY cable's make sure clean n snug..

If that's all good. .

Replace BATTERY......

Probably what happened the P/O never kept it on a battery tender , and that cause the battery to have a short life span.

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
I don’t see an alternator anywhere, what charges the battery while it’s running? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey Tex, I agree with DB get a new battery. I was in the same boat as you as I was told virtually a new battery. I thought new owner new battery problem solved. Maybe if that pocket will stretch look at getting a lithium battery.
P.S. New batteries have been known to be dodgy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Tex, I agree with DB get a new battery. I was in the same boat as you as I was told virtually a new battery. I thought new owner new battery problem solved. Maybe if that pocket will stretch look at getting a lithium battery.
P.S. New batteries have been known to be dodgy.
Seems like a solid plan. I’ll update soon!

·
Registered
334 Posts
If I may,
Have the battery tested, if it’s bad, replacing it will prolly be all you need.

If it’s good, there’s a couple of ways to check the alternator/ stator.

One way is to start the bike and make sure the idle is at about 1,000 RPM’s.
Pull the positive lead off the battery.
If the bike stays running, then your charging system is good. If it dies, then something is amiss in the charging system.

Another way is to get a DC volt meter and check the voltage across the battery + and - terminals. A fully charged battery will be around 12.5 volts. Start the bike with the RPM’s around 1,000. Check the voltage again across the battery terminals and you should read around 13 - 14 volts.
The 13-14 volts is produced from the charging system.

Hope it all works well, that’s is a really sweet looking Warrior you got there.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
if its the battery that came on the bike when you bought it I would replace it. sitting for years isn't good for anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
if its the battery that came on the bike when you bought it I would replace it. sitting for years isn't good for anything.
It was replaced by the previous owner about 2 weeks ago and looks new to me. I just put a new one in and upgraded the factory filters with K&N. Also a new ATLAS Throttle lock!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome from Northern NY State and congrats on the RSW! You are in for miles/years of smiles
with this scoot! Enjoy, Ride Safe and Be Safe!!
Rg

21 - 30 of 30 Posts