RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
Does anybody know if there is a yamaha dealer who would sell and ship a bike to sweden for me,, it´s much cheeper in US than in sweden, i have order a bike in sweden but i might be cancelling that if its possible to get one from US
regards Bengan[8D]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey Bengan...

Try:

Max Pitts
2990 S US 31
Peru, Indiana 46970

Phone#:
(765) 472-2423

He can ship overseas. And if i remember right it's only about $500 or somewhere around there for shipping.

Talk to Aaron Pitts.

·
Registered
421 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bengan

Hi again,
Does anybody know if there is a yamaha dealer who would sell and ship a bike to sweden for me,, it´s much cheeper in US than in sweden, i have order a bike in sweden but i might be cancelling that if its possible to get one from US
regards Bengan[8D]

Bengan-man, do yourself a favor and buy a tiket to the good ol USA, preferably somewhere in the south where you can ride all year. get yer new warrior here and break it in riding around this huge fabulous country of ours. we, most of us, are very freindly and enjoy having visitors come stay a while. when you get tired of us,(like thats possible?) you n your new scooter can ship bak home. chances are you'll want to stay. its good livin here. its better livin in Texas!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's tempting to purchase a bike from US, looking at the current price difference.
I considered it myself, but after further investigation I found out that most bikes offered in US are '01 model (at least the offers I got), whilst the bikes introduced in Europe are '03. I don't know to which extent Yamaha updated the bike from '01 to '03, but it was anyway a point for me. Finally European legislation and serviceability has kept me from buying the bike in US.

Anyway; Good luck with your bike!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
wow, I had no idea how international this place was, pretty cool. Now I have to be aware that I can either accidently or on purpose offend and irritate people from all over the world. How cool is that?

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey bengan give me a call at dukes performance yamaha hopkinsville ky ask for jerry we most likely can do buss, we have a 02 red or titanium that have many extras on them 270-886-2034

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your help guys, ihave sent some e-mail with guestions to this dealers, but i guess i have to call and talk to them personal if i can make myself understand, but if you understand me so maybe they can
thanks again

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Bengan, Keep one thing in mind, these US bikes will be MPH and not KM/hr. But you should be able to change that very easily. Also ask about customs in Sweden, if it is anything like the uS, you want to be sure to learn the system before you try to bring the bike. Many dealer here make you sign a form that "YOU CANNOT EXPORT" this motorcycle. This is due to agreements they have with the manufacturer. But this not apply if you buy it used. That is somebody buys it for you...

In US you have to leave an impound for several months.... Do your investigation and you will learn what it takes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the change from km/h to mi/h is very simple. my buddy had his on metric when he first got it. he would stop every 60 mi. for fuel and got on my nerves. that was when his odometer read 100 and he thought he needed it because we all told 100-120 mi. before fueling. it was actually pretty funny when we realized what the problem was. good luck with the bike shopping. i had enough troubles just going from ohio to pennsylvania.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There will be more to it than just shipping fees, there will be import duty and documentation fees involved also.
And then there are the issues mention by Bismark, like he said make sure you do your homework on this one.
It could turn round and bite you in the ass.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
ONe loop hole in the US system is that you can bring in the bike in several parts and then register it as a specially constructed vehicle. This is how most gray market bikes are brought over.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all advises,, i am doing my homework now and found out that there is some new regulations coming for import from country outside EU,but i cant get any answers of what yet, about import duty and fees thats no problem the bike is a lot cheeper anyway, but as Fifer said i have to look after my ass *S*
tank you for all good adwises you all are very kind in this forum
Bengan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts