RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

After looking at this bike for almost a month and doing a lot of research, much of it here, I got the dealer down to a reasonable price and bought it yesterday morning. Despite the 100+ degree weather this time of year here in Vegas, I'm lovin it!!!

I felt it was a little odd that I seemed to know more about this bike than anyone at the dealership. Even though I had been in there several times eyeballing the bike and asking questions, even yesterday they still hadn't checked to see if the recalls had been done!! I of course had already verified that they had been done, but used that, among other things, as 'a stick to beat them with' in getting the price down.[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

They were also not able to tell me anything about the mods/accessories beyond the obvious Corbin seat and that the bars and many of the covers were 'aftermarket'. I asked them specifically if it had a Power Command installed, they didn't know and obviously didn't care to find out. I detailed the bike today and in doing so removed the seat. If a Power Commander was present, that's were it should be correct? If so, I don't have one. Do I need one with the after market pipes? Speaking of which, any guesses on what kind they are? All I know about them at this point is; They're LOUD and I likey!!

Whoa! I just looked at the time and it's after 12:30am! I better get to sleep if I'm going to get up and ride before it gets too hot, it's supposed to be 114 degrees in town 119 at Lake Mead)!!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone here and just as soon as my wallet recovers a little my first order of business will be to become a supporter of this site. Yes, even before buying any mods for my bike!

Thanks again everyone!
Knighthawk - Las Vegas, NV

Insert Image:

13.96KB

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like the Hard Krome 3" straights to me. If it is running well, the ecu was probably adjusted by the previous owner. you would think with those kind of upgrades that they would pay attention to how it actually runs. You may want to lift the tank as well to see if there is a big air kit or anything under the tank. There is one dry break under the seat, two vaccum lines at the forward left corner of the tank, and one dry break under the left side cover that you have to remove to get the tank off. Its worth a peep.....hope you got a good deal. its a pretty flashy ride.

s!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DarkStar - thanks for inserting the pic!!

Thanks all for the feedback. I checked the HardKrome site and they look like the 3" straights to me too. That's one mystery solved![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I'll pull the tank as skott suggested, hopefully there's a nice surprise hiding under there for me!

One of the main reasons I asked about the PCIII is that the bike seems like it could use a little tuney, when idling through a parking lot in 2nd gear it's a bit jumpy. For all I know, that's normal though.[?] If my research on the bike is correct, it came to Vegas from Colorado. I would imagine that some adjustments should be expected due to the change in climate. I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions though, I need to get used to the bike and riding again. It's been over 12 years since I've been on a bike, so day 3 is probably a little early for me to start making changes.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts