RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just got my bike in march, already broke it in and rode for a while now decided to post. I fell in love with warriors back in 1999 and ever scense really wanted to get one and now finally i have made myself a great 20th birthday present, I picked up a 2006 Midnight Warrior brand new. I rode plenty of bikes in betwheen i rode hondas,harleys,bmws, even a ural but warrior is the one i'm in love with.

I have a question right away.my bike is completley stock so far and i only put 1065 miles on it did my first oilchange at 500. And today my spedometer started acting really wiered first it would freze at 0 then it would freze at like 35 even if i decell to 0 and after thet it got pinned at 140 and stayed there. i shut the bike off started it up and it worked fine. what could it be?
I'm taking it in to the stealership for my 1000mile svc.
BTW Anyone here from central Wisconsin?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
1999? I thought they didnt make the warrior until 02? did they have a concept back then? very possible i dont know the entire warrior history
anyway welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lucefer666

Hi everyone. I just got my bike in march, already broke it in and rode for a while now decided to post. I fell in love with warriors back in 1999 and ever scense really wanted to get one and now finally i have made myself a great 20th birthday present, I picked up a 2006 Midnight Warrior brand new. I rode plenty of bikes in betwheen i rode hondas,harleys,bmws, even a ural but warrior is the one i'm in love with.

I have a question right away.my bike is completley stock so far and i only put 1065 miles on it did my first oilchange at 500. And today my spedometer started acting really wiered first it would freze at 0 then it would freze at like 35 even if i decell to 0 and after thet it got pinned at 140 and stayed there. i shut the bike off started it up and it worked fine. what could it be?
I'm taking it in to the stealership for my 1000mile svc.
BTW Anyone here from central Wisconsin?

quote:Originally posted by Mike7202

1999? I thought they didnt make the warrior until 02?

Thats correct. The first Warrior came out in 2002. It was the first model year.

Well, welcome to the forum anyway.....[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

By the way....Interesting forum name (lucefer666)....You and Preacherman would get along great [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Dave

·
Registered
267 Posts

Thanx to everyone for replys. yeah 1999 was a typo. Any info on spedo problems?

Welcome aboard! Typo? lol- A typo would be you added an extra 0 to the year 2002 and it said 20002 not purposely putting the wrong year. Anyways, to get to your question. Speedo problems? I have never had any except that I tend to go over the posted speed limit. Some guys on here have had defective speedos that would stick and they were replaced under warranty. Also, remember that if the speedo says your doing 70mph, most likely your going 65mph.

BEN

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've only encountered this once before and that was cause I installed a speedohealer. If you don't have one, my guess would be that the bike was sitting in the sun for too long - no S$%^. There have been instances of heat from sunlight playing havok with the speedo and the result is similar to what you describe. Just seems too early in the season to me. Be glad to help - I live across from spash. Glad to have you in the thick of things!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts

Any info on spedo problems?

Bring the bike back to the dealer....There have been reported problems with the speedo sticking to other members of the bike. I dont recall anyone having issues trying to get the dealer to replace the speedometer with a new one. After the replacement, no one had any more issues.

Hope this helps,
Dave

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to the Midnight club! I have an 06 myself and really love it. It sounds to me like the speedo thing could be a computer problem. They get confused and out of sync. If it reset after power on and off, and doesn't happen again, its not a problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts