RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 08 Warrior. Bought a Corbin for my 03 which ended going back to the dealer for an unforeseen issue, so I was refunded in full, but now back to a stock seat as I believe the 03 seat will not work on the 08. If you have a Corbin, Mustang etc comfy seat that will work on an 08, let me know. Thanks group!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Look into redoing your seat...

New foam reshaping it..

Gel inserts...

And H3LL of alot cheaper than a fancy new seat

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Do a forum search...

DIY seat modification....

All u need is new padding and some gel inserts that u can buy online...

And a electric carving knife...

You can also look on YouTube videos...

Theres a company, but they take forever to do n return ur seat....

·
Registered
390 Posts
scatpack440;

-Sorry to hear that you had to return the 03' but I think you made out for the better with the 08' as that is a great color and a sharp RSW!
Ride her Safe.
Rg

·
Premium Member
8,866 Posts
Just purchased an 08 Warrior. Bought a Corbin for my 03 which ended going back to the dealer for an unforeseen issue, so I was refunded in full, but now back to a stock seat as I believe the 03 seat will not work on the 08. If you have a Corbin, Mustang etc comfy seat that will work on an 08, let me know. Thanks group!
This might be of interest. '02-03' Warrior Corbin Comfort Cruise Seat on '04' Warrior to test fitment for late bike!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do a forum search...

DIY seat modification....

All u need is new padding and some gel inserts that u can buy online...

And a electric carving knife...

You can also look on YouTube videos...

Theres a company, but they take forever to do n return ur seat....

Local shop charges 150 to redo my seat. I talked to multiple shops and half of them say they use memory foam and half say memory foam is a gimmick and they use softer regular foam. Maybe I will just try this DIY and gel inserts

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
What my shop did was use 2 different densities of foam. Soft layer then a stiffer layer under.
That's what the shop is doing to mine. Supposed to be done tomorrow so we will see. I had them reshape it closer to my stiletto seat shape since that shape makes me sit in the seat opposed to on it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I take it that this is a gel pad. The gel is the best ( at the moment) cushioning full stop. By its very nature it absorbs the shock and vibration and spreads it over a greater area thus cushioning ones butt. If anyone I know is getting their seat redone I suggest to them gel as well as memory foam. The price of gel is a bit steep compared to foam, but I believe it’s worth every penny.😎😎🐝

·
Registered
328 Posts
Rode for 30 miles with the new seat. Have to say there is a slight improvement but not $150 worth. Still pain in my tail bone after short ride. Unless i got ripped off which is entirely possible.

The stiletto might be the ticket. Rode with that seat for maybe 3 hours on Saturday with no problems but slightest soreness. I bet if I put softer foam in it or gel it would be insane.

So my vote is for a stiletto if you can find one or gel maybe. The shape holds you in perfect when accelerating fast and if I didn't love the solo seat look so much I wouldn't even be going through this trouble.

·
Registered
328 Posts
What you bought new seat?.?

I had my solo seat I just bought redone by an Upholstery shop that supposedly does lots of motorcycle seats. I still have my stiletto but I like the look of the factory solo. The stiletto is just so comfy.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Oh ok..
I redid mine myself on my first warrior
And was comfortable can ride for hours

Maybe just needs gel insert added

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Man sorry to hear that. When they shaped my seat I was there and for like 30 minutes getting on and off the bike making sure it was good. You never want it too thin up front either as it spreads your legs. Also do not be afraid to go back and ask for an adjustment as they might just have to reshape it a bit. Tell them where they hurt you......point it out on a doll.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Man sorry to hear that. When they shaped my seat I was there and for like 30 minutes getting on and off the bike making sure it was good. You never want it too thin up front either as it spreads your legs. Also do not be afraid to go back and ask for an adjustment as they might just have to reshape it a bit. Tell them where they hurt you......point it out on a doll.
Hahha. Yeah I was even thinking of pulling the cover to make sure they actually did something before complaining. It feels almost the same lol.

I can see all the staples were replaced so they did pull the cover. I found another shop that does what you had done hefty where they have you get in and off etc. But that's another costs now. BLAH

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I WOULD CALL THEM AND LET THEM KNW UR RIDING OVER..
AND HAVE THEM REWORK THE SEAT FOR YOU..
WHATS SO HARD ABOUT YOU SITTING ON THE MOTO AND THEM REWORKING THE SEAT SO THAT ITS COMFORTABLE...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts