RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am finally making my 'here i am post.' I got my 2002 Warrior about 3 weeks ago and have been all over this forum learning a lot of things. This site makes owning a Warrior all that much easier, not as though it is hard to begin with.

I purchased the Warrior from a fellow member that i dont believe has posted in a long time, RevBooMan. He took excellent care of the bike, so much so, that it looked brand new when I picked it up from Wake Forest, NC. It officially became mine on a Wednesday morning, i then procedded to put 870 miles on her that first day riding it back to Searcy, AR. I grew to love the bike even more.

For a list of things that have been done and that are in the works, click on the little motorcycle that i have. There are also some photos in there that show the bike, while still filthy and about 3 days after getting it. No worries, it is back to looking new, aside from the melted plasstic and rubber on the pipes.

Little about me, I am 22 currently live in Searcy, AR attending Harding University, majoring in Interactive Media. Married to an awesome woman that wants a bike of her own, but being a college student we can only afford one bike payment ATM.

Well this has been long enough, I look forward to getting to know you guys, and maybe next year I can meet up at the Gap.

P.S. Photos were taken by me while i was in a hurry and will turn out some more 'professional' ones when i get a chance. Photography is a hobby of mine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome to the team, Junior. Your off to a good start, you already have your new ride in the spotlight. Looks like a beauty, and all set up to take your wife along,or will you two be swappin` saddles? You sound like a keener, so this will be a great playground for you. Did you ride all of those 870 miles on the first day? If so, I`ll buy your seat off of you for five grand! If you don`t sell me yours, I`m gonna have to do some reshaping on mine. Happy two-wheel hot rod travels on ya.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that 870 miles was in the one signal day. Left Raleigh, NC about 11 am and arrived in Searcy, AR about 1 am, crossing a time zone. Rode in a down pour for about 2 hours, while dark, not a great idea i know, but coonsidering what hit my house an hour after i got home, it was the best move of the trip.

Also, the longest trip i had ever done before this was a 90 mile one way on a Kawi ZX6e.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Welcome to the site Ken. I remember Revboman and his bike, you've got some serious money in that with a Stage IV kit, congrats on a great purchase. 870 miles in one day is quite a feat, especially as it was your first day. Enjoy the forums Bro.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome warrior brother !!! I wonder if thats a record for the first day 870 miles sounds like fun.Hmmmm 130 mph club on the first day Iam thinking[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]Happy riding to ya[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Currently I am leaning towards data-based.

But yeah this bike came to me with a lot done already, but most importantly it had the Stage IV done. I like speed....a lot, and being comfortable while i do it. Yeah the 130 was pretty easily achieved on the LONG straights of HWY 64 in eastern AR.

THanks for all the welcomes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO, I TOO HAVE JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2002 WARRIOR. I HAPPEN TO RUN INTO OUTLAW WARRIOR AT BIKE WEEK IN MRYTLE BEACH AND HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS SITE. LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A LOT OF LEARNING AND WORK TO DO TO MY WARRIOR BUT ATLEAST I KNOW WHERE TO GET THE RIGHT INFORMATION. GREAT FORUM GUYS , JUST HOPE I CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE CAUSE. THANKS.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.