RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my new blue warrior next week!
I believe in the hard brake in method. Ride it hard for 15 min. rest it for 15 min. ride hard again for 15 and rest for 15 then ride hard for 40 min come home and chang the oil.
My question is what oil and how much. It's hard to find this info just searching.
Thanks and I can't wait.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Way to go and welcome. The guys on here understand your sickness and are all to ready to help you part with your "MODMONEY".[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
shivaman,

First off...Welcome to the forums...

Second...Check your owner's manual for the recommended oil and capacity.

There is also a topic here that gives you instructions on "Changing Your Oil"...

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=785

Again welcome to the forums and best of luck with your new ride...

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by shivaman

I am getting my new blue warrior next week!
I believe in the hard brake in method. Ride it hard for 15 min. rest it for 15 min. ride hard again for 15 and rest for 15 then ride hard for 40 min come home and chang the oil.
My question is what oil and how much. It's hard to find this info just searching.
Thanks and I can't wait.

Try typing in "oil capacity" or "oil grade" or "oil type" into the search:http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/search.asp

There is a ton of info on it. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Dave

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I finally found it at the link you provided. As far as looking in my manual for it...please read my first post. I am getting the bike next week, so I am getting the manual next week also.
Take care and thanks again. I just happen to have a whole case of amzoil 20/50/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
130 Posts
if u look in the manual under Engine break in it says... 0-600 miles avoid prolonged operation above 2500 rpm, 600-1000 miles avoid prolonged operation above 3500 rpm, after 1000 miles go nutz!!!!... I went along with that for my break in and the bike is running amazing, and change the oil at 600 miles and transfer case fluid also...

and welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Welcome shiva , the cobalt blue is my second favorite right behind onyx and indigo [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Have fun and ride safe!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by Mic182

if u look in the manual under Engine break in it says... 0-600 miles avoid prolonged operation above 2500 rpm, 600-1000 miles avoid prolonged operation above 3500 rpm, after 1000 miles go nutz!!!!... I went along with that for my break in and the bike is running amazing, and change the oil at 600 miles and transfer case fluid also...

Thanks but I have borken in my last two motorcycles using this guys method and I really believe in it. Check it out!
The MotoMan
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by shivaman

quote:Originally posted by Mic182

Thanks but I have borken in my last two motorcycles using this guys method and I really believe in it. Check it out!
The MotoMan
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Perfect, I was going to give you that site. That's the way to go. We've had members with glazed cylinders from the easy break in method.

Many of us have used the moto method, I'm a BIG believer in it. Just be sure the engine is warmed up before you hit it hard.

Search for the owners manual on here and you should be able to find a PDF to download. (the service manual is also available for download and VERY helpful) The oil change is a little different than most bikes. There are 2 plugs and it's easy to get the wrong bolt for one of them. Also, after you drain it and change the filter, Put in about 2.5 quarts, start the bike for about 10 seconds, shut it off and add 2.5 more. 5 total will give you the perfect fill. (the oil must be hot and the bike upright to check it....go for a decent length ride before checking your oil otherwise it will appear low and you WILL overfill it)

I would also recommend changing the transfer case fluid after about 100 miles. There was a lot of silver in mine when I did it. Bummer is you have to take the pipe off to change it.

I'm also a firm believer in not using synthetic oils until about 3-5K miles. I stuck with Yamahalube and then went to Mobil 1 v Twin and mobil 1 gear oil in the transfer case at about 3500 miles. There is a lot of debate on oil here, you should find more than you want to read if you use the search button.

Congrats, I know you can't wait until you get it home. Have a blast, be safe.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Condrons, thanks for the tips.
Can you tell me a little about the Tank emblem removal. I don't know if the 2007 is different than the 2005 or not.
Thanks to you all for the warm walcome. I will show you all a pic of the VTX that I just sold when I figure out how to post a pic
Ride on!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have your answer already. That's the this forum works an answer for every Warrior question.[^]

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a pic of the VTX1300 I built and now have sold. I want to do the same thing with the warrior!

46.49KB[/img]

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
shivaman, Here is a listing of compatable oil filters. http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24894&SearchTerms=Oil,filter

If you already have a case of Amsoil 20w-50, you already have settled on a 'oil philosophy', so go with it. Enjoy the Warrior and welcome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts