RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! Just picked up my 07 warrior two days ago, so far i'm loving it. Been riding sport bikes for a while and it's time for a change, i'm new to the cruiser market. It's still cold here and figured it's a good time to do some mods.

The bike is completely stock and i'm looking for some information on some of the most common mods. I've pretty much decided on the yammi t-bars with risers and the V&H big shot pipes (unless you guys talk me out of it). Can you point me to some links for the best place to buy? I also need a licence plate bracket/kit to clean up the rear end. What are you guys using?

Any other information you want to give will be appreciated, I'm new to everything to do with cruisers.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Take your time, look at all you can and get an idea of what style you like. There are many to choose from. Then get ready to watch your money turn into someone elses money.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your warrior.Use the seach feature and check out some of the bikes in the gallery for ideas. I have the barrons fender eliminator with integrated tail light.You will like the bars they are comfortable.If you need any more info just ask or pm me.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome aboard, you wont regret buying a warrior or joinging this 4m.

Do some searching around and you will find a wealth of mod info on this site.

Most basic and common power mods are New pipe, V&H Bigshots have nice sound and a small power gain, alot of people say a propipe is the best for bower and has a better sound than stock. You also need to do a big air kit or BAK for short. This is basicaly a set of K&N filters directly on the throttle bodies. there are several types around but alot of people here are fond of Churchkeys v-bak some say its the best power gainer. You should also look into a pc111 to adjust your fuel for all the improved airflow the other two mods provide.

As far as bling and comfort the skys the limit.

One of the most popular dealers is phats performance. There are also alot of members that make and sell custom parts.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome to the forum, big shots would be a good choice but look around thru the gallery to get some good ideas.theres a boat load of places to get parts from

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy it more then almost any cruiser you could have bought.

As far as cleaning up that rear end a lot of people here have just done it themselves with an integrated tail light from Clear Alternatives and cut away all the extra garbage. Yamaha sells a fender eliminator but it doesn't do hardly anything for you and there is the Barons one but it didn't make sense to me to pay $125 to lose parts. A dremel only cost like $60 and can do the same thing. Theres a stepthrough from Redhorse somewhere you could find with the search feature. I don't think you'll find anyone talk you out of the big shots since they're a quality product and everyone has their own taste in exhaust flavors.

You should definitely find the search button up top though and you'll have access to anything and everything you'll ever want to know about mods and anything else Warrior related.

[url="http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/index.cfm?sblid=home>http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/index.cfm?sblid=home
http://www.orientexpress.com/Yamaha/Cruiser/XV+1700+Road+Star+Warrior/
http://www.corbin.com/

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum Josh. I certainly wouldn't talk you out of the Big Shots. I love mine, no baffles. They come with "stock" V&H baffles, some guys like the sound of those, I don't. V&H also sells a "Quiet" baffle which I think sounds great, but it's not loud enough for my taste. In my experience the Yamaha fender eliminator kit is the way to go because you can modify it to do what you want. The Clear Alternatives taillight is popular and I ran it for a awhile, but a riding buddy complained he couldn't see my turn signals so I took it off and put the stock turn signals back on.

Great bike, you're about to have a great time with your Warrior.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome.
I agree with my fellow members. I've got the Bigshots Power Commander III and Churchkey VBAK. The combo tunes the bike nicely. While your at it get rid of theAIS (smog control). I got the Yamaha Fender Eliminator.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Josh Welcome. Like has already been said you will find a lot of ideas and info here. If you can try to get together with other Warriors, seeing what others have done can be very inspiring.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Josh, Congrats in getting your warrior. I have a set of BIg Shot with quiet baffles. Love the way my bike sounds. As far as the TT bars, I have heard from others that they are not too comfortable. Cant say personally since I never installed them on my bike but can say that the Punisher Series 1120 bars from Phat Performance is very comforable and comes preped for internal wiring. No mods to your cable or wires is needed. Good luck personalizing your ride.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Welcome Josh. The Bigshots are a good choice. They look good and sound even better especially with the "quiet" baffles. A V-BAK is a great way to unlease a bit more grunt and the Churchkey V-BAK is an excellent choice. As for modding the rear end as somebody mentioned earlier there is an excellent write up from Redhorse on a DIY mod. I have done this and it really looks good and costs virtually nothing. Have a look herehttp://users.adelphia.net/~redhorse/quick_mods.htm

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Welcome,,,,AND...if it hasn't been mentioned, I think there's a pro pipe to get you started for sale in the classifieds
http://www.rswarrior.com/Classifieds/Ads/98904.aspx

might not be a bad way to start...just an fyi case you are interested...

·
Administrator
28,358 Posts
Welcome. Remember to use your gallery pics to keep us up-to-date as you make changes! It took me awhile just reading posts to start to realize what I wanted to improve. Its like a life process!

quote:Originally posted by josh2145

Hi everybody! Just picked up my 07 warrior two days ago, so far i'm loving it. Been riding sport bikes for a while and it's time for a change, i'm new to the cruiser market. It's still cold here and figured it's a good time to do some mods.

The bike is completely stock and i'm looking for some information on some of the most common mods. I've pretty much decided on the yammi t-bars with risers and the V&H big shot pipes (unless you guys talk me out of it). Can you point me to some links for the best place to buy? I also need a licence plate bracket/kit to clean up the rear end. What are you guys using?

Any other information you want to give will be appreciated, I'm new to everything to do with cruisers.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts