RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 06 midnight warrior. I have a question to all members. Is the YES extended service contract worth the money. How many people have had to use it on their bikes. Any information from members would be appreciated. This is a great forum....I will visit often.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will disagree with me, but when I bought mine I think the extended warranty cost me an extra $10.00 per month, which for me was $480.00. Warranties are a gamble yamaha hopes you don't need it and they keep your money. You hope you don't need it, but it is there if you need it. I also know an extended warranty made it easier to sell my last bike. The bike may be 4 years old, but when you tell the buyer that he still has a 24 month warranty it gives them peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
$10.00 a month reduces the risks. If you have one major issue it could pay for itself and probably more.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Nope, get a good BAK like the PR one instead and so some other mods. Once you start modding the bike the YES warranty quickly becomes a throwaway thing.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
WARRIORBUG,

I gotta agree with Frankenstein...It may be peace of mind to have the warranty, but once you start modding your bike the warranty is voided. So I'd say no to the Y.E.S.

My wife is a stickler abut always getting warranties and for somethings it's a good idea. When we bought our jet skis she got the warranty and we actually had to use the warranty for her jet ski (Sea-Doo). Mine (Yamaha) hasn't had any problems. (Knock on wood!) And even if it did the warranty would be voided since I have already modded it...

Anyway welcome to the forums and to the Midnight Club!

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
If you think you might get rid of it, the warranty will help you with that. Otherwise, I'd spend the money on something else (like paying off the bike faster).

·
Registered
331 Posts
I considered it, and ended up deciding not worth it. You've got a basice one year warranty to begin with.

But if you do, shop around, you can buy it from any yamaha dealer and the price is somewhat negotiable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought my bike used, found out I had Y.E.S. from the original owner when I put my new rear tire on. Doesn't matter though, like the others said once the mods start the warranty is out the window! Just have fun and don't redline too much /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Frankenstein is correct. I opted not to get the YES since I knew I was going to be modding the crap out of it and essentially voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
44 Posts
JUST SAY NO! I'm having the damndest time getting them to remove the warranty because it's invalid because I started modding. Don't waste your time and whatever you do DON'T USE THE YAMAHA FINANCE CARD TO DO IT. My 2 cents for mistakes I made.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
According to my local dealer the warranty is only voided if the mod caused the failure.

·
Registered
405 Posts
yeah, I told the stealer I wasn't going to get the warraty because I was getting the BAK and pipes, they said do it, those things wouldn't affect it, I hope they didn;t just say that to sell me, Not that i would have a hard time believing it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
dealers are kinda not so friendly with regards to warrantee work - had some problems on mine before the 1st year warrantee lapse (over 8000 mi on bike and i did 600 and 8000 mi service myself per service manual)and dealer's first statement to me was "for the warrantee to be valid it has to be serviced by them or a qualified yamaha tech". Called yamaha directly and talked to them and finally had the work done on a different dealership and work was covered by warrantee. Yamaha even had the warrantee extended by another three months. I had mods on bike as well. I think the Y.E.S. is okay if you have the money and know how to deal with dealers and Yamaha and have no interest in doing the work yourself. I personally say no to it myself. I'll just save the money and invest the money on a good set of tools, service manual and rely on the good people the forum has.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts