RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just bought myself one **** of a bike. 2006 Midnight Warrior with 7200 miles on her for $7500 cash.

I live in Vegas and had to fly up to Salt Lake City this weekend to pick herand got to driver her home. The guy I bought her from was the second owner and had no idea what mods if any were done other than the obvious Vance and Hines blacked out pipes.

Well got to digging and installing my Battery Tender leads last night after I finally got her to the garage and cleaned and **** if I didnt find an installed USB Power Commander!

Soon as I figure out how I'll post up a few pictures.

Definately want to figure out the PCIII and make sure its set up and running right, bike sure as **** feels like itis.

Already called Yamaha (been trolling on the forums here for a few weeks) and the original owner had taken care of all recalls so that is done.

I'm flat amazed how this bike drives, the torque....which I was expecting was certainly there but the handling was just amazing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I added some pictures for reference in my gallery.

Do have a few questions already.

Does anyone know what intake cover that is?
As I said above I found a PC3 the PO didnt know about and was going to download and make sure to get the proper maps from Dynojet loaded on there but not sure if thats just an aftermarket cover or an actual intake upgrade.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sweet bike. ;) and welcome to the club.

dj

zimak said:
Hi guys, just bought myself one **** of a bike. 2006 Midnight Warrior with 7200 miles on her for $7500 cash.

I live in Vegas and had to fly up to Salt Lake City this weekend to pick herand got to driver her home. The guy I bought her from was the second owner and had no idea what mods if any were done other than the obvious Vance and Hines blacked out pipes.

Well got to digging and installing my Battery Tender leads last night after I finally got her to the garage and cleaned and **** if I didnt find an installed USB Power Commander!

Soon as I figure out how I'll post up a few pictures.

Definately want to figure out the PCIII and make sure its set up and running right, bike sure as **** feels like itis.

Already called Yamaha (been trolling on the forums here for a few weeks) and the original owner had taken care of all recalls so that is done.

I'm flat amazed how this bike drives, the torque....which I was expecting was certainly there but the handling was just amazing.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
The PCIII can have custom maps installed. Usually best to have it tuned for your bike. WIth your mods and ???, the maps will differ a little. But look in the maps section on this 4m and you might find one that is close to your setup.

The scoop you have on the right side is the speedstar optional scoop they offer. They cost a few hundred bucks I think, so it looks like you did good.

If you have a BAK (more for you to read about), I assume you do since you have those pipes, PCIII etc. you might definitely want to find someone that will do a power tune, not just a solid AF/R tuneup.

You will like this more and more everyday, welcome to the 4m.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good, **** Dynojet is about a 10 minute ride from the house....I'm sure they'll know how to tune her up. :)

Ok just went out and pulled the tank after finding out what a BAK is and that is a bone stock airbox up under there.

So I'm at VnH BS and a PCIII only for performance mods.

Good enough for me though, just gotta make sure that PCIII is set up right.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Talk to Woody Church on this forum. He CREATED and MAKES a VBAK specifically for the Warrior. He has a special going on through Halloween I think.

This is a Big Air Kit on top of Velocity stacks. Buyone from him, it will sound like a whole different monster. Cruise it on over to DYNOJET and have them do a custom map.I would almost guarantee though that someone on here has a map for the BigShots and VBAK on here. It is a pretty popular set up. I think it provides the most possible power for a 2 into 2 exhaust system.

dont tell anyone I said so, but

MIDNIGHTS ARE FASTEST!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts