RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new 05 Midnight Warrior yesterday and quickly realized I need a different seat. The factory saddle is hard as a rock. I've seen many seats for sale on ebay (Yamaha, Corbin, Mustang), some show fitting 2002-2003 only and some show fitting 2002-2005. Which is correct? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Congtats on the bike!! You're gonna love it and this site. I think that o5 and above seat fittings are the same. I sure more of your new bros will chime in.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! 2002-2003 I believe. 2004 has 4 bolt holes in fender for rear seat, and 2002 has only 2. I got the mustang w/passenger pillon, I think 354 on ebay now. I love the ride, but corbin does look best, just not as comfortable IMO. Good luck and search on seat types for threads. Lots of seat threads.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]You`d better tell Santa what mods you want first. your running out of time[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only ride solo, so having a pillion seat is not a requirement. I prefer a solo seat. I have lower back problems so comfort, then looks. The Mustang solo seat with backrest looks like a possible choice. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Isn't it a great feeling! I look at mine everytime I walk by it in the garage. I love my warrior. Congrats and welcome Murf!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. For your 05, you will want to look at seats that fit 04-07's. The rear fender has different mounts on it compared to the 02-03's. Unless you want a seat that was only made for 02-03's, you should be fine. The only seats that I know of that are only made for those two first years are the Mustang seats, and the Corbin Young Guns seat, but not too sure about the Young Guns. All aftermarket seats are a big improvement over the stocker, but be forwarned, the Corbins need about 1000 miles of seat time for them to break in. Good luck on finding your seat.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
murfthesurf,

First, welcome to the forums and to the Midnight Club! Now to try to help you with your question regarding the seat. You may want to check into the air cushion that is an insert. It fits between the seat foam and the cover...Then you just add air to your liken...

Or you can get one of those Carolina Butt Buffers...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Anyway best of luck with your new ride...

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm brand new to the site. Also a proud owner of a 2006 warrior. Love the bike - my first cruiser after many sport bikes in my youth and after 10 years... still very cautious. Great site, and even better forums. Regards,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts