RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought my '06 warrior about 3 weeks ago. have almost 500 miles on it. have already done some free mods... removed rear seat, trimmed up license plate holder, removed reflectors, and rear foot pegs. i love this bike and im glad i found this forum. i do have a question. when i bought the bike everything was great but now it is nearly impossible to get the bike into neutral. and when it is in first and i have the clutch all the way in, the bike still "walks" forward if i dont hold it. i am going to take it in for the 600 mile service but is there something i can adjust??? doesnt seem right to me. after it sits for a few hours it is fine, it only happens when it is warm. - thanks, jim (ill post pics soon)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
First check the clutch adjustment, it sounds like the clutch may not be fully disengaging. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gman,
Congrats on the new ride. You must have gotten it the week before my wife & i were there in Glacier. i've had my 07 Midnight for 2 days and put on 100/day. i've got property in Wolf Creek but we want to move to Whitefish in the next year or two. Take it easy and hope to ride some come roads in a few years. Ride hard, ride safe.
nate

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
yep sounds like the clutch cable needs to have a little play taken out of it, the reason the bike "walks" when its warm is because of the type of clutch these bikes have and a clutch upgrade maybe something that you want to do down the road but not to worry you should have or at least be able to get a lot of mileage out of the stock unit. i just rolled over 10,000 miles on mine today and the stock clutch is working fine however when it does get hot like after idleing in traffic for extended periods it does get soft. now i notice you say you have removed the rear seat and pass. foot pegs? you probably dont know it yet but this bike is a chick magnet, where you gonna put all the woman that want to climb on board?? lol, welcome to the forum seeeeeek and congrats on your new ride

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
southboundchicken - im married... and my wife despises motorcycles and she wont get on it. so i have no need for a rear seat /emoticons/emotion-1.gif thanks for the help guys, hopefully the clutch will be adjusted and i'll be good to go

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
hey seeeeek, i saw that you were married in your profile after i made the post so please dont take offense and hope the wife wont be upset either, it was just a little harmless poking at ya, thats the cool thing about this forum as we are all brothers (and some sisters) here, sometimes we poke at each other but its all in the name of good clean fun. sorry the wife doesnt like to ride she really is missing out on a lot of fun but look on the bright side at least you dont have to worry about her borrowing it[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] once again bro welcome and congrats on your new machine

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sbchicken, no big deal... i know you wre messin around /emoticons/emotion-1.gif ive been around a lot of forums with all my other toys so i understand how it is. i fixed the clutch problem though, the adjusted at the handle came loose while riding and allowed too much play in the lever. fixed now. does anyone know wht is done at 600 mile service??

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
It's really hard to hold this bike back. It want to pounce a t moment's notice. Glad you have a Warrior. there is nothing like them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome and it does sound like the clutch adjustment, I had the same problem with a RoadStar and Barnett Clutch. Went back to stock on that bike, adjusted the clutch and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
quote:Originally posted by seeeeeeeek
does anyone know wht is done at 600 mile service??

They changed my oil, check to make sure everything was still tight and adjusted my idle up a bit. Make sure to take your service manual hand have them date it, write the mileage and add any remarks on page 9 under Maintenance Records and keep your recipt. You may want to do the pick up coil recall at the same time if you still need to do it. The dealer need to drail some oil to do so. I got a discount on my oil change service for my last service. Only charged me the parts and tacked the labor under the recall to Yamaha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts