RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 06 Warrior 0-miles. I love this bike, best one I've had. My only problem is it feels like it wants to shut off while its idling and while i'm riding it, it vibrates pretty bad. can someone tell me what might be the problem, and what i can do about it? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
CONGRATS!!! I know these bikes rattle to high heaven when idling but about 2k rpm or higher (for me at least) it settles back down and is very smooth. I also have to "blip" my throttle when coming out of second gear to a stop so it doesn't die. Just something I've gotten used to. Normally only happens when it's still cold.

Congrats again and welcome home!!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
welcome aboard,weres the idle at in rpms you should be around 900-950,the vibration could be as simple as a tire a little out of balance or the riser have been over torqued.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Shadow 670 is right. When I first start the idle is about 1100 for maybe 10 seconds, then it backs down to about 800.

Good luck with your Warrior and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My bike is a new 07' and I had the same problem. The dealer adjusted the idle up to around 1100rpm until I took it in for the first break in service and then they tuned it back down to around 900rpm at idle. Haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
No matter what upgrades i've done so far (pc 111) with a proprer map, my bike still wants to die now and then, If and when it does it, which is usually coming to a stop from 2nd to 1st gear, especially when just warming up. I can kinda tell by the way it idles, i usually give it a little throttle and it keeps it from dying.

Oh yea, welcome to the forum and your purchase of the best bike on the road by far!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, i'm going to go back to the dealer and ask them if my bike is on the recall list for the cps/tps and if they can adjust the idle. You guys sure know a lot about these awesome bikes, i know i'm going to learn lots from you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Or just lift the seat and find the golden knob, haha, and turn it to adjust the idle. Just remember to wait until the idle has settled after just starting.
I recall my bike would sometimes die on me when it was brand new and the problem went away after getting some miles on it.
Have fun

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Like Silverback says, remove your seat and increase your idle to about 1000 or 1100 until you break her in, then make sure you keep it above 900-950 even after the break-in, since low idle doesn't build up enough oil pressure to keep the top-end lubed!

As for the recall, if you just picked this bike up from a stealer, it should have already had the recalls done! They cannot legally sell them knowingly without issued recalls not being completed!

Otherwise, ride-on new brother and enjoy the best 4UM on the web! Keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up!

[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome to the forum, looks like everybody here has covered the idle issue so i'll just say congrats on the new toy and enjoy[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Just bought my first Warrior and love it,[8D]Any suggestions as far as anything that I should or shouldt do to it. The dealer already put a set of pipes and a force Intake on it. Well i'm excited to be here and this is the first Forum I've ever joined so if I'm not doing something right feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
guy's its the nature of the beast, alot of us had that problem when our bikes were brand new. give it a couple of thousand miles and that should stop

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If you bought it from a dealership, they are required to do all the recals before they let you leave. just pull the seat off and adjust the idle yourself and save the trip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I actually adjusted the idle myself to 1000 (got off from work at the same time the dealer closed, and called them during my lunch and was told they did the recall work a few weeks back) and now rides amazing. I can't stop riding it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts