RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from South Africa! I am a warrior lover and had the opportunity to ride a warrior in Colorado last year. We hired Harleys to do a ten day ride, but one of the local guys there left me ride his warrior - and I just fell in love.
I really hated riding the Harley, I hired a night rod as I wanted something a bit sportier for the riding in the Rockies - and found the Night Rod sluggish and boring. Needless to say the other Harleys were like riding leather couches.
But the warrior, man the warrior could corner and was such a smooth ride. I wanted one baaaaad. But you can't get them here in South Africa - anywhere.

So I visited the rswarrior site regularly, and even asking a few guys if they would be keen to sell the their bikes to a South African. Assuring them that I wasn't some dodgy South African dude, wanting to scam them. We have a lot of dodgy guys here, but they are easy to spot cause they are all in Government! : )

And this weekend, the local Yamaha dealership told me to drop by, the had imported two warriors. I darted past and there she sat... A brand new 2007 warrior. Candy Apple red (probably not the name they call it - but it sure looks candy apple red)

They are so rare here - that I couldn't even take it for a test drive - but I already knew what she rides like, so I bought her!

Now I wanna share my passion for biking and for the warrior with the forum and ask heaps of advice to customize the bike. I really love the look of the Brit Warrior http://www.rswarrior.com/BikeOfTheMonth.aspx?ID=40
I want to customise my bike just like that - if you warrior junkies could give me suggestions and help - I would appreciate it!

I want to know what to get, where to get it - and the cheapest place to buy the stuff. The South African rand is weak to the Dollar - so any help or even hand-me-downs would be really appreciated.

I am going to document the whole transformation and share my experience - with y'all! : 0

And one day, I hope some of you guys will come on a tour of South Africa - we have some of the best biking country in the world! I am good mates with a guy who owns a bike touring company - so we could organize.

So here I am! taking delivery on my new warrior on Thursday and cant wait to take her for a long ride!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Sandman, welcome to the forum! Where in South Africa are you located? I have two friends from there, it's a beautiful country for sure. How's that political thing going? Anyway, you sure have your work cut out if you want a bike as nice as Brits.

·
Registered
394 Posts
welcome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take a little time to search around and you will find tons of info for what ever you want for your ride! but be ware, the more you read and learn the higher you chances will be of getting infected with the very dangerous MOD BUG! no cure has been found and it will make spend lots of money in pimping out your ride! good luck....

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Sandman71,

Welcome to the forums and to the Warrior family...You'll definitely find ALL the information you're looking for here and then-some. I can't wait to see you transform your Warrior into the bike of your dreams. So be sure to post plenty of pictures as the transformation takes place.

Well...Hope to see you around the forums...And best of luck with your new ride.

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Welcome! We need some pics of your area. I believe you are the first from Africa that I'm aware of. Must be very pretty scenery there. Good to have you here!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there is so much to do but it seems the stock exhaust is usually first to go, although some members admit they like it. Take a look at Vance and Hines or Yamaha makes their Speedstar pipe.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
a member from so. africa, how cool is that[8D] welcome to the forum, you'll find everything you need and then some right here[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride. By the sounds of it you already are. Good luck and take lots of pic's of the bike and your part of the world.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts