RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this warrior from the guy who bought it from the guy who posted this. 2005 Warrior midnight bagger in Indiana 6,000 Obo

Not too sure about the color or the bags. I wanted a midnight and am considering ditching the bags or making them detatchable with speakers in them and painting it black. Was thinking a short rear fender that hugs the tire and possibly tricky air ride.

Not really sure what I got myself into . I dont know much about the cost of the mods on it. This is my first cruiser type bike and I just wanted to ride lol. I knew I wanted a warrior from everything I've heard about them.

I paid 4200 for it and it has under 15k miles. It's going to need new tires and I need to dial the clutch into my liking and it feels like the throttle may be sticking or something. It's hard to slowly roll it on. It may just be the grips though.
Did I do ok? What do you think the bike is worth?

Here's all the mods listed on the original owners post.
Runs and rides like it should.
Never been down, clear title in my name.
Recent battery and oil change, always stored inside. Tires have some life left in them. It's ready to ride.
Vance and Hines exhaust
After market handlebars, and mirrors
Barons BAK
Power commander
New Barnett clutch with steel for spring swap
DLX Produx forward controls mostly powder coated black
Corbin seat with drivers backrest
Corbin fairing, with Long ride shield
Passenger backrest is a modified star set up to work with the taller Corbin seat
Christok lower cowling
Custom front fender
Yamaha Roadstar Silverado hard saddlebags
MTX Audio Bluetooth "MUD" speaker bar.
There is probably some more I'm forgetting.

This is probably my ideal warrior maybe minus the clip ons

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1. Welcome. Sounds like you have a plan, best get out the wrenches and start selling-off the take-off parts to paint it black!
    Thank you! Hopefully I can sell them for enough to get my fender and the air ride. What did you think of of the price? I couldn't find anything similar to compare it to. It also came with a corbin dual touring seat that I think is worth 800 or so new and a larger windshield.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Once again welcome to the Forum. I had to sit here and convert from USD to AUD lol. Yes $4200 seems to be a dream deal with all the mods included. As AZ said time will tell when you ride it a bit. I agree the green is a bit much ( unless your Kermit ), but I’m sure someone will buy the green stuff that you don’t paint black.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Congratz...
Good looking Warrior .....
I dig it....
I have the same Bags......
There great n hold alot of stuff...
Like case of 805 beers...LoL....
Anyway'S ride it get use to it.....

I dig the Fairing.....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratz...
Good looking Warrior .....
I dig it....
I have the same Bags......
There great n hold alot of stuff...
Like case of 805 beers...LoL....
Anyway'S ride it get use to it.....

I dig the Fairing.....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks man. I had a whole cookout worth of groceries in it this past weekend lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$4200 is a real good price and from the pics it seems well maintained. You'll soon find out right!
So far so good. It's super clean. I know the OO took good care of it and the guy I got it from only had it a few months so. Anything I should look at specifically? I ordered new rubber and am going to do an oil change this weekend

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
You can try vinyl wrap to save some money on paint and see if that helps in breaking up the green a bit. One of our members did a video on his recently.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can try vinyl wrap to save some money on paint and see if that helps in breaking up the green a bit. One of our members did a video on his recently.
Hmmmm. Not a bad idea. Can you wrap part of something, let's say the tank. And leave the other part painted?

·
Registered
591 Posts
of course ye can.. matchin the colours is gonna be hard though... and aparantly the tank is the hardest thing to wrap so why go that route?

going to start wrapping my bike today so i should be able to tell you how hard it is tomorrow

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It may be easier since you only have to wrap a smaller section with each full piece? Less contours per piece. I'm also wondering if the exposed edges would peel eventually

·
Registered
591 Posts
i can now tell you from personal experience.. if you want to wrap your tank yourself... prepare to get frustrated..

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Yes you can wrap any part and trim it down to any size you need, White or blue would contrast well with a btirght green like that. Sky is the limit for the amount of color choices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts