RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the Warrior's time is coming in the near near future; as I was surprised to see a 2009 model. Will Yamaha redesign the Warrior, or is the Raider the new beast?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Man, I sure hope the Raider isn't the replacement for the Warrior. It's not even in the same class; the Raider is more chopperesque and the Warrior is more more of a sport/cruiser bike. Hey, i just hope they don't take the Warrior away and replace it with the MT-01.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've always maintained that the two are built for different riders but people keep on trying to compare them so that might ultimately be what kills the Warrior afterall. When Raider pictures first started surfacing I said I want one and everyone talked negatively about it and how it's not as nimble and performance minded blah blah blah as the Warrior but it seems the longer it's been out the more and more people are interested in migrating to it's more chopper like design and leaving the sporty flowing style of the Warrior. Strangely enough the longer it's been out I've grown less and less interested in getting one however. To me it makes more sense to get rid of the Road Stars then the Warrior to make room for the Raider if it's necessary but of course sales numbers speak much louder then that kind of reasoning.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
I am sure as long as the warrior is profitable they will keep making it. No need to do a major redesign. Most people will customizethe bike to personal liking anyways. Ifthey do a new warrior it will have to be superior in almost every way to encurrage people to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I feel like if yamaha would put a different stock exhaust they would sell alot more of them. In my opinion the stock water heater drives alot of customers away that may not have alot of vision. Like first time buyers that dont realize how much of a difference a set ofpipes can make.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Sangathor said:
This topic has been brought up every year for the last 7 and every year we still have a Warrior.

And every year Sang has to make this comment. I can't beleive he hasn't just bookmarked it so he can post the links... LOL

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble Lemming but the only true Warrior are Midnights and they didn't make them back then...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Marco Polo said:
I've always maintained that the two are built for different riders but people keep on trying to compare them so that might ultimately be what kills the Warrior afterall. When Raider pictures first started surfacing I said I want one and everyone talked negatively about it and how it's not as nimble and performance minded blah blah blah as the Warrior but it seems the longer it's been out the more and more people are interested in migrating to it's more chopper like design and leaving the sporty flowing style of the Warrior. Strangely enough the longer it's been out I've grown less and less interested in getting one however. To me it makes more sense to get rid of the Road Stars then the Warrior to make room for the Raider if it's necessary but of course sales numbers speak much louder then that kind of reasoning.

I agree, I also liked the Raider before it came out. Right up until my wife saw a picture of it and said it reminds her of a HD Softail Custom wanna be. I've liked it less and less as time goes by. I'm not slamming the bike, I'm just tired of the raked out "chopper" look. I wish they would put that 113 in the Warrior but that is a whole other topic to itself. My thinking is that the Yammi guys might stop production of the Road Star. They build so many bikes with that boulevard look now with the V-Stars up to 1300cc's and now the Liner series they pretty much don't need to build them anymore. We'll see!

·
Administrator
29,665 Posts
edited by ArizonaWarrior

I deleted everything, this will be more fun. Knowing how many Warriors have been sold will be an indicator of the future, right?

We've had posts on who has the lowest VIN sequence# - so now let's see who has the highest VIN sequence number! Its been awhile since we did this too, so the last six characters of your VIN are the numeric sequence number. Its reportedly generic to all Warriors (if true then Midnights do not have their own sequence). But just in case let us know if yours is a Midnight.

My 2003 Titanium is005082.

Added 12-1-2008: well its still confusing but it seems clear the sequence numbers start from scratch every model year, and it could be possible the Midnights have their own separate sequence numbers which is surprising based on prior findings but one thing is certain we're only just guessing so far. Maybe if we get enough data here we can still make some good guesses about how many Warriors might be out there each year.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
My 2003 Titanium is005082.
You beat me Mike, mines is 005654... I saw a post on the forums with someone who have no. 128 on it. Have to go, Dexter started on HBO.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
So in the first year they madearound 5K but in the last five years they've only made 700ish? Something tells me this system is flawed or I missed something.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts