RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Jared and I've been riding since I was a kid. I grew up on dirtbikes then I hit the street with a Ninja 250, I bought a Honda Shadow for a bigger bike, then I bought a Ninja 750. All of those bikes have been out of necessity, I have always been a yamaha fan so now I'm finally coming home. /emoticons/emotion-5.gif. I am just hours away from buying a Warrior. Before I did though I wanted to ask you guys about the power that the bike has... Since I'm coming off of a crotch rocket I don't want to lose all the "umph" that it has. So I don't want to even think about a normal cruiser, but I've heard that the Warrior is a Hoss... so how is the power on the bike compared with other cruisers?

·
Registered
753 Posts
i have also grown up on dirtbikes,the only other cruiser i have rode on was my brothers honda shadow and of course the warrior has way more power than that bike,i dont think you will be disappointed with the warrior,im not. suggest getting a big air kit and a pcIII, you can feel the difference big time. i already gets up and goes with me and im a big guy but with the 2 add ons it pulls even harder. what color you getting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My Ninja is selling on ebay as we speak. Im not expecting 0-60 in 3 seconds or anything. I'm mostly concerned with maneuverability, so I could maybe dodge an idiot in a car that isn't paying attention. I've had to do that several times... I weigh 160 lbs so it should do pretty good. Straight up black I believe... I like red too

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Jared, I hope you got your warrior by now. I dont think you will be disapointed with the power. Its got enough get up and go for a cruiser. I also rode a street bike before the warrior and love mine.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Sport bike "oomph" kind of comes on like a turbo. You hit the throttle and launch then as the revs increase it starts pulling harder and harder.

V-Twins usually have their "oomph" alot lower down in the rpm range so you feel it as soon as you launch then it kinds of flattens out. So, the Warrior is realy not the best bike to go over 100mph on. (not that you cant do 100mph) But there are very few cruisers that can beat that seat of your pants, omfg I better hold on tourqe we have.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy what ever one you get. Don't be shy about asking for info here. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts