RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,
After MANY headaches with the web server it is being moved to a new machine. This will HOPEFULLY fix all problems we have been having.

The move is happening around 6pm EST on 12/4/02

Please post in this thread how the performance is after this time.

CarKnee

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Yeah, they must have done the switch at 4:45, because I was cruising the active topics and all of a sudden, everything was gone for about 15 minutes. Seems smooth so far, though.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The new server definitely seems quicker. However, yep there had to be a however, now I'm not able to delete pictures from "My Warrior" "Edit Your Images". I was browsing the gallery and saw that the wrong picture was showing with my gallery entry. It's one of my two pictures, but the wrong one. Thought I'd make it easy and delete the novrod pic and force it to show the correct image, but can't delete. Other than that, seems like a very good, reasonable response when going to new pages.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Yep, I got the same thing. click delete and up comes this error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/mywarrior/functions.asp, line 75

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]Did I tell you I am very, very happy!!!!! Working great! Thanks CarKnee!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thanks for all the effort you're putting into this. I've got another "however". I guess I spoke too soon earlier. Right now it's acting like it did last night and earlier today. If I'm the only one seeing this performance drop, I have no problem hearing that it could be on my end, but still thought you might like to know about it.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes,
I am still seeing problems.
When the server seems horrible the Ping times are horrible! 100 -> 200ms+ sometimes timed out

I will try to work more on it tomorrow during business hours.

C

·
Registered
717 Posts
after I posted my message stating that all was good, I lost my connection and could not connect until about 8 minutes or so ...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Guys - maybe I am the only one - but I am having HORRIBLE luck with the site so far. I know it's not my connection because I am on DSL and everything else is FLYING. This site takes 2-3 minutes to load up each topic.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
i'm only able to log on MAYBE once a day and several times i've been dropped while posting. i hope this message gets heard before i get dropped.this is the coolest site for me but it sucks when i'm not able to use it. this is my only reason for having the internet, otherwise i could care less about all this technical mumbo jumbo and go back to the dark ages (Before Computers).

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's almost 7:00 a.m. EST. The site pages are loading much faster. The 'My Warrior" is under construction. I know from experience, that when you change servers it takes a little time to get all the little stuff working. Definitely on the right track. TY CarKnee.

DNACK

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Well, I just spent my lunch break on the forum. I was only able to read 3 threads in a half an hour. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sorry, love this site and all your hard work, but your provider sucks. New server is no better. I always do a traceroute when I am having problems, and I always reach the server with no problems, but the pages either don't load, or load VERY slowly. Again great site with great people. But access problems is making me visit less often.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it still bad?
I've been lucky then, since it has been loading quick every time I ched since 4pm

1 - 20 of 40 Posts