Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Re: New Wicked Bros Exhaust Info. "GROUP BUY"

One of our members who has replied to this post says that he already has a set of the Warlocks. I tried to contact him to see if he would post some pics of his pipes on this thread and I got no response and no pictures. I am still very interested in having the Warlocks on my Warrior but probably will not buy until I see a picture of them already installed on a Warrior. He said in his post that they sounded good and had some difficutly installing the heat shields. If anyone has any of the Wicked Bros. pipes on their Warrior it would be great if they could post some pictures so the rest of us that are interested can make a better decision about buying a set of these pipes.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

bpk0816 said:
One of our members who has replied to this post says that he already has a set of the Warlocks. I tried to contact him to see if he would post some pics of his pipes on this thread and I got no response and no pictures. I am still very interested in having the Warlocks on my Warrior but probably will not buy until I see a picture of them already installed on a Warrior. He said in his post that they sounded good and had some difficutly installing the heat shields. If anyone has any of the Wicked Bros. pipes on their Warrior it would be great if they could post some pictures so the rest of us that are interested can make a better decision about buying a set of these pipes.
I agree with bpk, for me no pics & review - no sale....

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts

That's not what I'd want in a pipe but it work well with his bike. The black pipes don't give you much of a visual and there's no way to check out the chroming process or possible blueing of the head pipes.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

Always liked black pipes, sucker looks loud, be nice to see before and after dyno results. Looks like the tip will scrape though. Decent looking pipe. Like the looks of the street fighter better.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

RaySDF250 said:
*** said:
So...........has everyone seen RaySDF250's warlocks on his bike yet?

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/114042.aspx?PageIndex=2

towards the bottom of page 2
Or, this thread, top:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/115009.aspx
I realize this thread seems pretty muich dead, but if you or anyone else is interested, lowandmean.com are selling Wicked Bros exhaust, and, yes, they do have pics of the pipes on the Warrior. I just found this out this morning. Prices are $699 with a choice of three finishes(chrome, aluminum or black ceramic coat). They list the Cobra, Sick IV, and Sick 14 varieties only, not the Warlocks that some were more interested in. I tried e-mailing and PM'ing user "guido" about his pipes several times, and never got a reply from him, so I figure he's either out of circulation or doesn't care to comment on the pipes any more.
http://www.lowandmean.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=YM-RTW-EP

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

From what I can see those pics on the "Low And Mean" website are all photoshop images and not real pictures of a Warrior with those pipes installed. Those pictures don't do me much good. Ray's pictures have helped me but I still would like to see a picture of an actual Warrior with chrome Warlocks installed. I also need to know if the heatshield is full length on the Warlocks. From Rays pictures it looks like the section near the heads do not have heatshields. If that is true the top section of pipewould blue on a pair of chrome Warlocks and then I would not want them on my bike.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

So amy chance of doing a group buy with Low and Mean? They seem like an RSW friendly vendor right?

I agree with Brian, those pics are the photoshopped ones we saw awhile ago..I am interested in the "Sick 4" but even from the photoshopped pic it looks like the bike has the 3" extension bars on the foot controls and would otherwise run into fitment problems right on the curve where the two pipes overlap at around the4-5 o'clock positionwith the stock foot bracket & controls from a width perspective...

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

bpk0816 said:
From what I can see those pics on the "Low And Mean" website are all photoshop images and not real pictures of a Warrior with those pipes installed. Those pictures don't do me much good. Ray's pictures have helped me but I still would like to see a picture of an actual Warrior with chrome Warlocks installed. I also need to know if the heatshield is full length on the Warlocks. From Rays pictures it looks like the section near the heads do not have heatshields. If that is true the top section of pipewould blue on a pair of chrome Warlocks and then I would not want them on my bike.
Granted, the pics are photoshopped in, but at least they are there, which means that lowandmean are more interested in providing a service to their customers, more so than Wicked Bros themselves and Pipe City. Maybe someone has to contact the vendor and get some concrete answers about these pipes and demand to see some actual pics of their product on the bike. From what I've heard of Wicked Bros, they are too busy with HD pipes to handle customer service issues on metric pipes, and Pipe City seems to be at their mercy. At least Pipe City does respond to e-mails and phone calls(in some cases). Have you contacted Pipe City and spoken about the pipes with Megan? She seemed to have her information together.

I've e-mailed and phoned Wicked Bros and have never gotten any kind of reply back, so I said the **** with them. Perhaps Canadian customers aren't regarded as actual customers to bother with for some reason. Pipe City (Megan) did respond and offer shipping to Canada, with a discount, for me as well on top of the group buy that never got off the ground.

mdfd is the king of the group buy deal...Thom, your idea is good, but in the end that seems like it would be hampered by the manufacturer of the pipes not having their *** together to do their prospective customers some good by simply providing pics of their merchandise on the actual motorcycle they are offering the pipes for.

Is anyone in the area that lowandmean.com does business in? Can they do pics of the pipes on the bike yet? Do they have any in stock? Do they care? Do we bother with them?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just e-mailed Low and Mean about the pipes, pics, and the possibility of a forum member discount and/or group buy, mentioning that there are more than one or two members interested. I'll post when I hear back from them.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts

I just ordered a set of cobras from Pipecity on monday the 28th and spoke with Ron . Ron was very helpful and answered all my questions. Said the pipes will be ready in 3 - 4 weeks . Also , heat sheilds are offered on some pipes including the cobras for an extra $100. I ordered the sheilds and pipes in chrome finish.I will keep you posted on how long it takes , quality and cust service from Pipecity. So far Pipecity has been very helpful and someone always answers the phone and has answered all my questions.So far I give them an A+ .

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

messx03 said:
I just ordered a set of cobras from Pipecity on monday the 28th and spoke with Ron . Ron was very helpful and answered all my questions. Said the pipes will be ready in 3 - 4 weeks . Also , heat sheilds are offered on some pipes including the cobras for an extra $100. I ordered the sheilds and pipes in chrome finish.I will keep you posted on how long it takes , quality and cust service from Pipecity. So far Pipecity has been very helpful and someone always answers the phone and has answered all my questions.So far I give them an A+ .
Cool...the Cobras are the pipes that I am primarily interested in as
well. Nice to know that someone can get reliable info when you need it.
I'm looking forward to the inf you get...either place seems to be
fairly decent.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

Brian, the pipes have 100% heat shield coverage. The part closest to the heads are just a smaller diameter pipe. I can only guess that they were trying for that certain look, but rest assured, they are full heat shields. I took some pics of the pipes before installation. I'll post them up if they show what I'm talking about.

Brian, I think these pipes would look great on your bike. As long as the quality of the chrome is good, I wouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

I just heard back from Low and Mean's sales department. Here's the response I received from them:

Hey Dan, Yes you are correct the pipes are photo shopped on, that's because we
do not have any real images of all the pipes installed. I got these pictures
from Wicked Bro to start creating orders. All these styles are real and look
like what you will receive, so even though they are photoshop it is what you'll
get. Expect delivery time to be longer than normal, because of the one-off
production process. Quality is definitely not a issue for Wicked Bros! There are
no heat shields and no baffles, these are straight up loud pipes. To loud? Not
for me, but maybe for you neighbor. Wicked Bro has designed these pipes and
coated them to reduce heat and increase performance. We have sold a few already
but we have not received any photos back from our customers. Maybe you guys
could help? Low and Mean is a big supporter of RSWarrior.com and please let
everyone on the forum that we will honor a $50 discount for all RSWarrior
members. Please just note this special in the "Notes" and send us pictures
afterwards! Hope this help some, Wicked Bro is very busy, but we will be
carrying all there products because we like the style and the quality is top
notch.

Thanks for checking us out!

LM Sales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They
will give members a $50 discount, which is cool. Unfortunately no pics
of pipes actually on the bike though. If anyone here has bought WIcked
Bros pipes from Low and Mean, could they please post pics of whatever
they have on their ride?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts

Sounds good but they are wrong about the heatsheilds and baffles. Check the pipecity site, heat sheilds and baffles are avaliable for extra . I ordered mine with sheilds but no baffle for now.Maybe they don't know about the sheilds, but thats what sold me on these pipes.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

That is strange....I do remember Megan telling me that baffles and shields were part of the pipes. I just e-mailed L & M again asking about them.

·
Registered
12 Posts

im sorrry i forgot to put a picture of the warlocks on here will do it tonight . they are ok pipes been fighting an exhaust leak though and onl;y a couple months old and need either repainting or recoating . ive not been happy at all with them if somebody wants em let me know im having a set custom made . and i was told when i ordered em that baffles came with them but once i got them no baffles and when i called they finally said they had no baffles they might be at a later date . this is the last product ill ever buy from wicked brothers

181 - 200 of 225 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.