Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Re: New Wicked Bros Exhaust Info. "GROUP BUY"

Does not sound like a very positive review but that is why I have been waiting to hear from some people who have had these pipes for a while. I am assuming that the Warlocks you have are black and not chrome?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

bpk0816 said:
Does not sound like a very positive review but that is why I have been waiting to hear from some people who have had these pipes for a while. I am assuming that the Warlocks you have are black and not chrome?

I'm so surprised that there is any negativity surrounding these pipes. I was impressed with the pipes from the moment I pulled them out of the box. I do a lot of riding, and I haven't had any issues with the appearance or otherwise. Maybe I got a good set, maybe someone else got a bad set, who knows? Personally, I think they are great pipes, but just for the sake of originality, I hope no one else gets them... well, if Brian got them, it would be okay.
Seriously, based on my pipes, I recommend them to everyone.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

pyroguy said:
...i was told when i ordered em that baffles came with them...

I remember reading that all Wicked Bros. pipes came with baffles, EXCEPT the Warlocks and that baffles MAY be developed for them. I think it is in one of the earlier posts for this thread, in fact. Who told you this misinformation?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts

Just as an update for my Wicked Bros chrome Cobra pipe. They should be delivered today sometime, it took approx 4 1/2 weeks from the date of order to delivery. I orderd heatsheilds with them but I will not receive the sheilds for another couple of weeks. I will post pics and some sort of review when I get them installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts

after waiting for 6 weeks i called wicked brothers and they told me the warlocks came with baffle\pipe city told me same thing but when they came in quess what no baffles

·
Registered
31 Posts

I am interested in #3 but need to know if it will work with a 280 rear wheel?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

let us know when you find out. I never did find out if it fit the stock Warrior in the area where the right foot control is. It seems rather thick to fit that area without mods to the right foot control placement....

As for the 280, it seems doable since the muffler section is so short....

If it all fits, I'd be willing to get in on a set w/ you if it helps the pricing any.....

Hornskis said:
I am interested in #3 but need to know if it will work with a 280 rear wheel?

·
Registered
325 Posts

mdfdwarrior said:
let us know when you find out. I never did find out if it fit the stock Warrior in the area where the right foot control is. It seems rather thick to fit that area without mods to the right foot control placement....

If it all fits, I'd be willing to get in on a set w/ you if it helps the pricing any.....

I'd like the Sick 4 as well. So you can count me in as well.

As for the right foot control, Low and Mean recommends forward controls. I can't really go that, as short as I am. My Dually Iso pegs stick out pretty far though, so I think, it'll still work.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

it's not how far the pegs stick out but rather the space afforded by the stock foot control mounts...I doubt this exhaust can fit with the stock foot mounts b/c the pipes are double-wide in that area due to the design....

it would be good to know for sure though. I had no success trying to find out. My best efforts resulted in a photoshopped pic of the exhaust on the Warrior by them....

GNO said:
mdfdwarrior said:

I'd like the Sick 4 as well. So you can count me in as well.

As for the right foot control, Low and Mean recommends forward controls. I can't really go that, as short as I am. My Dually Iso pegs stick out pretty far though, so I think, it'll still work.

·
Registered
325 Posts

mdfdwarrior said:
it's not how far the pegs stick out but rather the space afforded by the stock foot control mounts...I doubt this exhaust can fit with the stock foot mounts b/c the pipes are double-wide in that area due to the design....

it would be good to know for sure though. I had no success trying to find out. My best efforts resulted in a photoshopped pic of the exhaust on the Warrior by them....

This one?

·
Registered
241 Posts

Sorry bringing this one back to life. Installed mine in June. Yes the S-4s sound great I do greatly suggest though that if you dont like the backfiring you might want to do the AIS block off ( the backfires are loud as **** ) shot a flame out of it. I unfortunately have not done the AIS yet. Yes as we can see the pipes will blue if you are too lean. As for all clearance questions: The right hand turn im sorry but no info there I was off the bike for nearly a year so I didnt push it that far. I think with the heigth of the outer pipe it might just clear. Outer pipe does unfortunately extend a bit over the peg mount, leaves you a bit limited on room for your right foot. If youare short legged like me standing at a stop does take some effort to avoid the pipes as they are quite hot, you can see what they did to the pants on the first ride.These pipes are wide the **** open you can see the down pipe openings from the end of the chamber, LOUD!!! Oh but do they grab some attention. The only problem that I have had with the pipes besides heet and right foot room was that there is a torque-x screw that they are required EPA to use to hold the tip and baffle assembly in the chamber. When Installed the pipes I left the wrapping on so i didnt damage them during the install and missed the screw. I suggest that before the istallation you go by a parts store and get the adapter for the screw and pull it and apply some lock tight to prevent it from coming out. There is enough vibration for it to come loose. Mine came off and I lost the tip and baffle at 60mph with my wife on the back. With that said my dealings with the manufacturer has been EXCELLENT! Doug was an extreme help. Even though the tip and baffle incodent was not considered to be under warranty the owner aggreed to strip and repair if not replace the tip, replace the screw, and replace the glass packing. Very Good Customer Support! As for the vibrations you never really notice the vibes that it does have, cant hear it either. LOUD! There is a visible vibe in the pipes at what rpm range not to sure i didnt catch it, but when you bust these things wide open the vibe stops and they are just WICKED SICK! If anyone has any questions about these just shoot me a PM. Im sorry but I do not have a map for them yet

·
Registered
100 Posts

Those look bad ass!

Let us know if they scrape at all on you.

BTW, are we still getting these pipes at the discounted rate?

·
Registered
241 Posts

I was the first post since june i dont know if that is still in the air or not. Unfortunately I did not know about this thread when I bought mine back in March. Price is 699 USD. Shipping depends on where you buy them. Delivery typically quick if in stock. Mine took a minute store and factory was out of stock at the time had to wait for them to be manufactured they currently come chrome, black, and aluminum finish

·
Registered
241 Posts

Sorry no scraping yet. Unfotunately Im in Iraq currently. Ill be home in Oct so hopefully I can get on it before Upstate NY weather hits ill try to get it over far enough to see if they hit. Ive had it on the peg mount before so its doable for me. If not ill get some one to give me a hand laying it over to the side and see if they hit.

201 - 220 of 225 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.