RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Re: New Wicked Bros Exhaust Info. "GROUP BUY"

I agree-I'd like to see the foot clearance on #3 as well. It looks pretty tight as is with one pipe not considering two down there.....
another thought about the gb if wild bros does not come thru is to try pipe city....

·
Registered
99 Posts

Just got a response from Megan at www.pipecity.com here is what she had to say:

Funny you should ask about Wicked Brothers.

They've been producing custom Harley exhausts for about 5 years here in AZ. They are the exclusive exhaust manufacturer for several of the bike builders. We approached them last year to develop a Metric Line. Ron (owner of pipecity) has been consulting with them on the different options, styling and performance. All styles have been tested and designed on the dyno and they see some great horsepower gains. I will see if Ron has the dyno charts. They include heat shields and baffles which on some models are removable . They are available in Black and Chrome. The Warlocks will only work with an aftermarket air kit due to clearance of the front pipe. I should have some pictures very soon of them mounted on the bike. I will forward you one.

We are really excited and proud of the Wicked Brothers Exhausts for the Metric Bikes.

Talk to you soon!!!!!
Megan Dible
Orders Coordinator
Pipe City

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Well it is all sounding good so far! We do need to find out which ones have the removeable baffles as well. It would be great to see some actual dyno numbers for each of these pipes.

Doug did say that Pipecity.com and Thundermfg.com are the two distributors for their pipes.

quote:Originally posted by mowrer7

Just got a response from Megan at www.pipecity.com here is what she had to say:

Funny you should ask about Wicked Brothers.

They've been producing custom Harley exhausts for about 5 years here in AZ. They are the exclusive exhaust manufacturer for several of the bike builders. We approached them last year to develop a Metric Line. Ron (owner of pipecity) has been consulting with them on the different options, styling and performance. All styles have been tested and designed on the dyno and they see some great horsepower gains. I will see if Ron has the dyno charts. They include heat shields and baffles which on some models are removable . They are available in Black and Chrome. The Warlocks will only work with an aftermarket air kit due to clearance of the front pipe. I should have some pictures very soon of them mounted on the bike. I will forward you one.

We are really excited and proud of the Wicked Brothers Exhausts for the Metric Bikes.

Talk to you soon!!!!!
Megan Dible
Orders Coordinator
Pipe City

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

my buddy CrumbTray here photoshopped this for me....I think there might be clearance issues if not near the foot control then the bend closest to the ground looks like it may scrape..

Anyone photoshop #1 onto a Warrior yet?

Insert Image:

62.63 KB

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

my buddy CrumbTray here photoshopped this for me....

Insert Image:

62.63 KB

Interesting

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

That does look pretty sick. i dont kow if its enough to give up my current pipes or not. I guess it depends on what kind of price we can get.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

my buddy CrumbTray here photoshopped this for me....I think there might be clearance issues if not near the foot control then the bend closest to the ground looks like it may scrape..

Anyone photoshop #1 onto a Warrior yet?

Insert Image:

62.63 KB

hey Thom, I'm thinking that foot control clearance issue might be helped or made less of an issue if they are mounted on bikes that have either forward controls or the control extensions...what do you think?

Dan

PS: I have to say that the upswept pipe really goes with the angle of your
rear fender in the 'test" photo...although I wouldn't go with that pipe if they were made available, it really suits your bike. I'd go with the 2 - 1 along the swingarm for mine I think. I can imagine the sound would be incredible though...maybe even better than the Speedstar or the Propipe!

·
Registered
689 Posts

Thom how do you guy's do all these amazine trick pic on here, if thatis what the #3 are gonna look like, I know I want a set![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] wish I could just post mod's on here much less put pipes on the left side of the warrior like mike or Vect[/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]r ...about the pipes, if thundermonsterbaffles cor. is carring that wicked line of pipes they may do a group buy for us seeing that a bunch of us are using their baffles as well...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

good point Wailen, that's another avenue we can check...

Dan - you may be right on the extensions, but the part where it is near the foot control will have 2 pipes side by side on this model![:0] It doesn't merge into 1 until the 7 o'clock position from cam cover center...
I also think the bottom most part of the pipe may scrape on right handers...I just got my suspension set up right so my Rineharts don't scrape...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Man, it's really different and I like it, but it's hard to tell if it will be a problem...it would be great if they can really install it on a Warrior and take some real pics...

#1 is a safe bet, but looks a little more "typical" of exhausts. If one can make #3 work, that would sure to be a unique set of pipes on the Warrior....

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

good point Wailen, that's another avenue we can check...

Dan - you may be right on the extensions, but the part where it is near the foot control will have 2 pipes side by side on this model![:0] It doesn't merge into 1 until the 7 o'clock position from cam cover center...
I also think the bottom most part of the pipe may scrape on right handers...I just got my suspension set up right so my Rineharts don't scrape...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Man, it's really different and I like it, but it's hard to tell if it will be a problem...it would be great if they can really install it on a Warrior and take some real pics...

#1 is a safe bet, but looks a little more "typical" of exhausts. If one can make #3 work, that would sure to be a unique set of pipes on the Warrior....

Thom, I think that maybe pipe city should hire us as their R&D team!! (that'd give us all free pipes, as working for money just wouldn't be right.)

The pipe shown on your bike looks friggin ultra sick/slick/cool/nasty...and I know how much I hate "Typical"...that's why I bought a Warrior in the first place! Scraping on right handers....maybe they can re-work the pipe for mass production if enough of us express interest in them.

I'm sure that there are enough of us that would gladly plop down the coin for these pipes, given the proper support and assistance from them. [^]

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

OK, we can solve this easy. Who is close to Mesa, AZ?

It looks like a little R&D may need to happen to prevent scraping on right turns and burn marks with pipes #3 and #4.

As far as ThunderMonster, they will do a group buy if... it is one ship to address, 20 or more units for each group buy. I do not remember the discount but I did not think the effort was worth the discount last year.

·
Registered
43 Posts

count me in on #3..someone has to be close to them and led them a bike for awhile to get the pipes to fit better..sounds like the majority of us want #3 so i think they'd be willing to listen!

·
Registered
562 Posts

Great Info Brian, thanks!!!

I'm for #2 or #4.

Questions:
1. What is the difference between 2 and 4?
2. Can Wicked Brothers have them in black????? /emoticons/emotion-1.gif))

Group purchase???

Thanks again Brian!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts

A couple of things need to be considered here. You have "bpk0816" talking to Wicked Bros. You have "mowrer7" talking to Pipe City. And you have "Mr.Noize" talkiing to ThunderMonster (I believe you mean Big City Thunder).
Even though that's working all the angles, it's going to muddy up the waters on a group buy. The manufacturer won't know who's doing what and which way to turn.
Since "bpk0816" took the lead I thing he should follow up on his end first before moving on. You could end up frustrating everyone and killing any possibility of a deal.

Whatcha' think Thom?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

quote:Originally posted by Pep

A couple of things need to be considered here. You have "bpk0816" talking to Wicked Bros. You have "mowrer7" talking to Pipe City. And you have "Mr.Noize" talkiing to ThunderMonster (I believe you mean Big City Thunder).
Even though that's working all the angles, it's going to muddy up the waters on a group buy. The manufacturer won't know who's doing what and which way to turn.
Since "bpk0816" took the lead I thing he should follow up on his end first before moving on. You could end up frustrating everyone and killing any possibility of a deal.

Whatcha' think Thom?

Hey, I'm no expert at this, but I will offer up my opinion. There's plenty of ways to skin this cat...
Well IMHO I don't see any harm in different agents exploring diiferent avenues at this time as long as it is in the information gathering stage. Once all the info is gathered to satisfaction, approaching each avenue with a deal should be a coordinated effort. In other words, make no promises, come back with what the options/requirements are from each of the avenues, and we can decide as a group who to commit to in order to leverage whatever buying power we may have....we probably should not mention we are looking at all the different avenues as the manufacturer may shut down the distributor/resellers if they are not happy with what we are doing...
Is it too early to start a list of who is interested in which model exhaust?[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
99 Posts

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Great Info Brian, thanks!!!

I'm for #2 or #4.

Questions:
1. What is the difference between 2 and 4?
2. Can Wicked Brothers have them in black????? /emoticons/emotion-1.gif))

Group purchase???

Thanks again Brian!

1. On #4 the rear pipe meets up with the front pipe in front of the engine. So you will have both pipes up by your foot. On #2 the rear pipe stays behind the engine.
2. They are available in black.

Group purchase??? I think we are working on it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Question for those seriously interested in buying these pipes:

Option 1. Do we try to set up a group buy right away?

Option 2. Have one of us buy a set, take close up picks to post, and report to everyone interested what the quality of these pipes are before trying to set up a group buy?

Since it seems nobody on this forum has a set of these pipes I am leaning somewhat towards option number 2. Since these pipes are so new to market it would be invaluable to get the opinion of someone who has them in their hands. Maybe getting some actual pictures of the pipes for the Warrior or even installed on the Warrior would be sufficient?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

I forgot to mention that the first time I spoke with Doug at Wicked Bros., he said they have had no ground clearance problems with these pipes, his words. I don't know if he meant on their pipes in general when they have been installed on Harleys or actually tested for scraping on the Warrior. Again if we can get some actual pictures of them installed on a Warrior it would go along way to answering some of our questions.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

quote:Originally posted by bpk0816

Question for those seriously interested in buying these pipes:

Option 1. Do we try to set up a group buy right away?

Option 2. Have one of us buy a set, take close up picks to post, and report to everyone interested what the quality of these pipes are before trying to set up a group buy?

Since it seems nobody on this forum has a set of these pipes I am leaning somewhat towards option number 2. Since these pipes are so new to market it would be invaluable to get the opinion of someone who has them in their hands. Maybe getting some actual pictures of the pipes for the Warrior or even installed on the Warrior would be sufficient?

IMO, the group buy shouldn't be considered until the pipes are proven not to hinder control and lean angles....and a single member purchase should not be necessary. If this company is interested in selling a product, but has little budget to invest in R&D, then a sample should be offered to a controlled source of a stock Warrior with an experienced pilot. Otherwise we have to look at this a "mass produced custom"....purchase/use at your risk.

21 - 40 of 225 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.