RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Re: New Wicked Bros Exhaust Info. "GROUP BUY"

I agree with Sharp and Brian. I for one am not ready to take the plunge without seeing it actually on a Warrior. I want to make sure the install is practical, my feet do not get toasted, and that I am able to make right handers without scraping. For those models that are claimed to be performance pipes, I'd like to know what qualifies them as performance pipes. And it would be nice for one or a small sample to get in the hands of folks on this forum. We have enough members to represent the majority configuration of Warriors (like most of us are lowered, alot have gotten rid of the stock airbox on the side, etc.)

·
Registered
75 Posts

****, those look killer. i like #1 and #2. #3 looks killer but it seems too short for me. i agree, we need pics of them installed on the warrior. i'll be getting a new exhaust system soon, and was considering Bub jug huggers and samson street sweepers. but, after seeing these i may have to get me a set of the wicked brothers exhaust. that's if we can get some pics and they look good installed on our bike.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts

I think the warlocks are badass, but they look like they'll scrape when cornering.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Ok, here we go. I just talked to Ron @ www.pipecity.com and they have talked to Doug @ Wicked Bros and pipecity will be handling our group buy situation. The way it will work is we will get a coupon code and a window for everyone to place their order from pipe city for any of the Wicked Bros. exhausts. Then at the end of our window that will set what price level we get on the pipes. The price level, which I will hopefully have early next week, will be stepped 10,20,30 pipes sold. So once the window has expired they will place the group buy order and get them shipped out to each of us individually. They will not charge your credit card until the pipes are shipped. Also, as always they give discounts on other performance parts when you buy pipes and FREE SHIPPING!

A little more info on the pipes. The actual pipes will look a little different from these pictured, mainly the bends to get around the motor. #1,3, and 4 will not work with the stock airbox. #2,3, and 4 preform better than #1. #1 does not have baffles, but they are working on some that will quiet them down a little. #2,3, and 4 all have baffles. They are working on getting us some pictures of the pipes mounted on the warrior. These guys started out making custom exhaust for some chopper companies and then got into the Harley market. Ron was telling me about an M109 that is running high 9's with an exhaust from Wicked Bros.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

great! I hope the pictures are not just of a side profile, but fairly detailed ones that show the areas of concern...
I don't think the window should be opened until all our questions/concerns are answered....
Just thinking out loud, increments of 10 is pretty drastic for pipes costing $600...Perhaps it would be better to get pricing/discount levels based upon 5, 10, 15....

·
Registered
42 Posts

i like the idea of doing a little dirty work to get the pipes just right because it is a group buy. we dont want to get some thing that has problems or needs to be sent back for mods. also, possible discount on power commanders?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Mowrer7, thanks for talking with Pipecity about the group buy. It all sounds pretty good to me but I agree with Thom in that I wish they would consider making the discount steps based off of every 5 of us that decided to buy instead of every 10. With that being said maybe we should try to calculate fairly accurately who is serious about buying a set of these Wicked Bros. pipes from Pipecity.com.

I added "GROUP BUY" to the thread title so hopefully it will get more people on board.

If the serious members post the choice that they will buy I will keep a total at the beginning of this thread.

I will be buying choice number 1 in chrome finish. (Unless the "Undertakers" become available for the Warrior! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif])

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

I will definitely buy one of their pipes in a group buy, but are these the only styles they are making for the Warrior? There is another style they make called the Undertakers.

Are they not making this design for the Warrior? These are the ones I want.

·
Registered
99 Posts

quote:Originally posted by griff383

i like the idea of doing a little dirty work to get the pipes just right because it is a group buy. we dont want to get some thing that has problems or needs to be sent back for mods. also, possible discount on power commanders?

I believe they offer power commanders for $275 shipped, with the purchase of an exhaust.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

I saw the Undertakers on their website and those are my favorite as well but are not currently offered on Pipecity's website. It might be in our best interest to find how long before they are available for the Warrior or if they ever will be. For all we know they might offer the Undertakers for the Warrior very soon. It seems to me that the twist in the Undertakers would get the two pipes a little closer to being the same length as well.

quote:Originally posted by RaySDF250

I will definitely buy one of their pipes in a group buy, but are these the only styles they are making for the Warrior? There is another style they make called the Undertakers.

Are they not making this design for the Warrior? These are the ones I want.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

Consider me in for th GB, just need more info before deciding which one. I took a closer look at my Warrior and I cannot figure out how #3 would fit. So if #3 does not work out then my 2nd choice would be the Undertakers...

·
Registered
562 Posts

I like #4 but I'd like to know the price and if it is also heat shielded like the rest of them.
If price is the same or better and it is shielded that is my choise (#4).
If not heat shielded then my choise is #2.
Either way, I will go for BLACK.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
562 Posts

forgot...
not sure if the baffles are an option or in the price but I will consider baffles with my purchase/..

Thanks AGain!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts

quote:Originally posted by Guido

forgot...
not sure if the baffles are an option or in the price but I will consider baffles with my purchase/..

Thanks AGain!!!

All the 2:1 pipes include baffles.

·
Registered
42 Posts

quote:Originally posted by mowrer7

Originally posted by griff383

I believe they offer power commanders for $275 shipped, with the purchase of an exhaust.

so wouold it be pushing it to get a little bit more off because this is a group buy? just asking becuase i am a broke college student at this time, GI Bill only covers so much

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

In the meantime, here is another photoshop'd pic of #1...

Insert Image:

91.22KB

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

Insert Image:

91.22 KB

That looks good as well....really good! I originally thought about the 2-2, but I have a set....why change. If the #3 doesn't work out, I'll spend my money on other needed mods.

·
Registered
99 Posts

quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

Insert Image:

91.22 KB

Love it!!!

41 - 60 of 225 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.