RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· [Retired Admin-SuperMod]
32,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just shouting-out to Stellmon who recommended a warm and dry winter glove.

I'd been looking at a few options since last winter and this was one but it had not risen-to-the-top because I wasn't ready to try snowmobile gloves which are usually too-padded in the palms. But most times guys here on this forum are right-on-the-money and when he mentioned and recommended them I guess it tipped the scales just enough and I ordered them even tho he indicated they are value-priced gloves (meaning in my mind that there's no way to guess how many seasons they will last).

They have arrived! Right away I noticed something Stellmon had mentioned: they have slightly thinner palm-side insulation for better grip on the controls. Plus they are wind and water proof and comfy and pre-curved and obviously warm (I'll find out later today or tomorrow soon as have spare time).

I admit I'm surprised: these are the nicest looking value-priced gloves I've seen and I'm stoked. They are Cortech Blitz 2.0 'snowmobile gloves'. I got mine in XL and they are at first more-snug than other XL gloves but I gather they will wear-in just fine (same as most others).

So thanks for the recommendation Stellmon! :D

Attachments

32,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I needed to fresh-fill a can of gas for a bike I'm ready to start-up after doing some stuff (not me warrior) so I rode my V-Star to the gas station in the rain. It poured for a few seconds, and otherwise was just a drizzle. I only rode a mile to get the gas, then 2 miles in a loop home. Only one mile was at 55mph. Big windshield. Big fenders. Floorboards. MMmmmmm good. The gloves are warm and waterproof. As expected they are not as nice operating-the-controls as my Alpinestars gloves which have now become my better-weather-gloves like say above 50-degrees F.

Next will be the big test: freeway in heavy rain (starts after tonight). When I get going 70+ the rain pelts my gloves and I that will be the torture test. But after today's short hop I get a good feeling that these gloves will perform well in the mix.

32,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The air temp was warm-ish but the rain was cold. The gloves handled the heavy rain today just fine. While I was getting cleaned-up I was daydreaming how much I'd love to have a $200 pair of wet/cold-weather riding gloves . . . not even sure which gloves would fit that bill and still be motorcycle friendly, I mean can you imagine?

· Registered
117 Posts
How are these gloves working out for you? I got a pair of Joe Rocket Nitrogen gloves last year for Christmas. I live in Florida and these gloves don't do anything for me on my 20 minute ride to work!!! I'm searching for a new set of gloves but reading a website and deciding that way doesn't work. All the companies will toot their own horn to make a buck. I need to get feedback from actual users.

32,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Cortech Blitz 2.0 'snowmobile gloves' are working out great. Even when temps dipped below 40F and it was wet outside, and at 70mph the water was getting thick on the gloves, my hands could work the controls without stiffness. I have come to appreciate the zip-cord-cuff-closure on these, just pull the self-locking cord and they tighten-up around my jacket cuff. SA-weet!

I already had bought the cold-weather Alpinestars WR2 Goretex gloves and they are very very comfortable on sunlit dry days even if near freezing, but they really shine above 40~45F wet or dry.

By the time its gets to 60~65F and dry, then I'm wearing summer gloves.

Its odd to say it but the fact is that for warm weather riding the Star/Yamaha black leather fully-lined summer gloves are my choice on most days. Before long they will be worn out so I should try to find another pair. Plus I like sheep or calfskin on hot days, but I seldom wear those gloves because they look so nice I hate to ruin them haha.

How are these gloves working out for you? I got a pair of Joe Rocket Nitrogen gloves last year for Christmas. I live in Florida and these gloves don't do anything for me on my 20 minute ride to work!!! I'm searching for a new set of gloves but reading a website and deciding that way doesn't work. All the companies will toot their own horn to make a buck. I need to get feedback from actual users.

32,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The Cortech Blitz 2 snowmobile gloves are working out great for rain and cold temps, fingers included. Even my fingers stay warm enough. When I rode yesterday it was warmer and between rain events so dry for a bit, and I started thinking it won't be much longer before I put them away until next winter and start wearing the Alpinestars. Since you ride in Florida rain the Coretech gloves might make your hands sweat (but they have wicking). The Alpinestars WR2's can handle rain but don't know if they can handle monsoons. One way to find out!

The finger lengths in the Cortech gloves is a mm or two short, and when I extend my long fingers out they push against the end of the glove fingers. I suspect it will work-in over time. I have slightly longer fingers than most, so its probably not a problem for most anyone else. Plus I wear XL size gloves in most brands, and at first these were snug but they broke-in quick and now I can get 'em on and off easily.

· Registered
107 Posts
These are my gloves new for winter Tour Master Cold-Tex 2.0 Gloves - Motorcycle Superstore

Besides me being insane a few of my fingers were burning till they either went numb or warmed up to bearable levels and I manged just fine for the insane stunt I did and to be honest learned my lesson to never do it again. It was a 2 hour trip in 15degree weather highways totally clear and very windy and small mountains took an hour break to warmup and used the entire hour to mostly dethaw

I am still pondering heated gloves my normal commute is only 15mins and at Max 50-60mph last nights ride was a breeze at 76-80 entire way with my current bike c50 it barely handles that

Just sharing the info I like my gloves and very similiar to the ones posted here and match my jacket also a tour master

· Registered
1,980 Posts
I'll throw my experience in with the Cortech 2.0 gloves. I have a pair a size larger than normal, so that I can comfortable wear a second liner underneath. I've been riding practically every day this winter to commute, and even in 15* weather my hands don't get very cold at all. As a bonus, the thin second glove inside prevents your hand from sticking to the liner if they get damp for any reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.