RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an '03 Warrior about 4 weeks ago from a gentleman on cycletrader. He had put fewer than 900 miles on it and had made no modifications. Well, I am absolutely in love with this bike. I've put on about 2000 miles just riding around here in Southern California. I've only had time to put on some Yamaha mini running boards and a teeny tiny fairing. I have a long list of 'wants' and hopefully will spend the next month or two getting the bike properly 'set up'. I have already found this forum to be a wealth of information. Thank God because the owner's manual is a little on the 'thin' side if you know what I mean. I've managed to run it out of gas (on mulholland hwy) but other than that, the performance is flawless. I guess the fuel light means "get gas very very soon" or at least a little sooner than I thought. Well, that's a mistake I won't make again. I love pulling it up to the Rock Store here, and pulling in to park with row after row of almost identical Harleys. It gets looks. It's a nice feeling that not only does my basically stock bike out-perform all of theirs but I paid about 1/3 the price. Anyway, I will post some pictures when I've done a few more mods. I'm too embarrassed to post any at this early stage. My thanks to everyone who has posted such great info here. I almost have nothing to ask !

Pete in SoCal

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Let me be the first to say welcome to the forum Pete.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Your r right the bikes get alot of looks welcome to the 4m u say that you love it now and just think it is stock their r alot of things u can do to make it yours and faster

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean by the gas light. The thing should flash and speed up as you run out, but i guess that's why it's a reserve. I have seen the same thing with the Harleys. A guy I ride with has a very nice harley ($$$$) and people will come over to look at his, but spend way more time talking to me about my Warrior. Kind of pisses him off (secretly, I think he has a Warrior envy problem). Good luck, have fun.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Any mods you want to do to your bike will be much easier now. You will probably find mods on the site you will want to do that you have no idea you want yet. Check out Redhorse in the gallery then click the link to his site. Very cool.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Everyones gas light is a little different, have had mine go off with 1 1/2 gallon in the reserve and once with a 1/2 gallon.Still a whole lot better then trying to find the reserve switch in heavy traffic at high speed when you suddenly stall. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
welcome aboard Pete!, seems I play with my toy everyday, it's always somethin. I started my DIY AIS removal last evening about 8:00est. I love this stuff man! it's addictive! And I must say a big thank you to Rich(Redhorse) and Travis(Shaq)for there priceless input to the AIS step by step "how to" and pictures. Pete, you will love this forum because of guys like Redhorse and Shaq amoung many many others. Have a blast and ride safe brother!

·
Registered
527 Posts
hey pete- welsome to the forum! chime in on the socal thread. there's a bunch of us here in socal. san fernando valley, santa clarita, and los angeles areas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts