RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm based in the UK and I don't believe the Warrior is available here, however a local dealer imports them and I saw one the other day whilst waiting for the service on my XT660R.

Wow !

I was (maybe still am) going to order a Harley Night Rod Special next month but am considering the Warrior now. The one I saw was black with a red band on the tyres (very similar to the Harley) but it felt more comfortable to sit on, although I have not had a ride yet. (Horrible HUGE exhaust however ...)

It's around 50% cheaper than the Harley, looks (IMO) just as good, is comfier, cheaper to insure ....

What's the catch ? I do at some point want to fit comfier seats for myself and wife to do some medium distance touring, also a screen would be good. Or do I say forget that and use the £4000 ($8000) I saved over the cost of the Harley and buy a 2nd hand Honda or BMW Tourer ?

Loving the info on here - Cheers Guys

-Steve

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Welcome home.

You won't be able to outrun a night rod if you ride a warrior unless you do some serious engine mods, but with $8,000 left over you could make it so. On the touring aspect, there are many different wind screens, forward controls, handlebars, seats, backrests, etc. For medium distance 2-up touring, you'll probably want at least some aftermarket seats & wind screen. You could also go the second bike route, but if you just want to have some comfort gear for your warrior, you'll spend alot less.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome Steve, good to see you post up. That's good advice and info there from ridingrules. If you plan on long distance Euro touring then neither the Night Rod or the Warrior are really for you, if it's bad ass Steet Cruiser performance that you're after then both fit the bill nicely with the Harley being the better overall performer in speed - but as you say, at a considerable extra cost. You really need to get a test ride Steve which I know is not easy in the UK, once you ride the Warrior you will be hooked I promise you. If you do decide to buy a Warrior then certainly factor in some cash for pipes, seat and possibly bars & forward controls (depending on your height). Welcome to the site and best of luck in your decision making.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Great find brother!. and for just a few xtra dollars and cents you can get rid of the hot water heater exhaust system and replace it with a new set of V&H big shots or how bout a nice pro pipe!....you will LOVE this bike, we sure all do!.

I'm with you re: "a fraction of the cost of the harley gear" man that thing is over priced ay!!!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome. The exhaust is usually the first thing to go, then the bars, then the seat. Plenty of power, but if you want a bit more a PCIII and a VBAK will do it. Any other performance mods get a bit more expensive but are available if you want them.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome to the 4M. You will find that although the Warrior is not officially brought into the UK that there are still quite a few of us here who have them. The Warrior is probably the best handling of this class of bike and is no slouch straight out of the box but with a few simple mods it can pick up a noticable amount more go. It may not be quite as quick as a night rod special as standard but few bikes can beat the Warrior for sheer grunt.

The Warrior always gets admiring looks wherever you stop and be prepared for people coming up to you and asking lots of questions.

As has already been said you will save yourself a whole lot of cash going for a Warrior and with what you save you can start the modding fever. First to go will be the cannon for an exhaust that looks a bit more agreeable. Then bars and big air kit etc. The list goes on. You only have to look and what some people on this forum have done to there Warriors and I'm sure you will be hooked.

Good luck on you decision and if you go the Warrior route we look forward to seeing you at one of our mad gatherings.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum, there is a warrior for sale on ebay if you have not handed the cash over to the stealership yet[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]Right all you southernnnnnn boyssss yahalll give the guy a hand if your near him, if he was up our way us good ol northern boys would have already been round for a beer[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome to the Forum mate. If you're in Ripley, Surrey, let me know, you're only about 10 miles from me. I have a midnight warrior bought new from a dealer in Bournmouth (as you described) which has had a couple of mods done to it. If you want to ride it, we can sort something out, to help you make the right choice /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

I'm in Godalming, just outside Guildford.

Cheers, G.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts