RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am about to buy a new '07 Warrior from a local dealer. I had been looking on the forums at bikes for sale but found a really good deal close to home. It comes as a stock bike, but I am going to have them install some Road Burner pipes. I am also interested in getting a windshield for it, but was wondering if anyone has an opinion on what would look good, but not too difficult to take off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,858 Posts
welcome to the best hide out in town...screens yes..they are many and varied depending on distance and coolness - distance the bigger the better and some guys here put down some huge distances so they are the experts on that.. looks, seems to be either the yami mini fairing 'racer look' cool but expensive or the boulevard screen smallish heavy duty plex, stylish fits perfectlyand keeps some buffeting at bay, a bit expensive'ish [my prefered choice now] and not to in ya face looks wise [different choices of bracket looks - smooth, balled, etc] - loads of how to fit info, for them all here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,384 Posts
The Yamaha Boulevard will remove with 4 bolts, but it is not a quick disconnect. It looks great and I just left it on all the time. Check my gallery if you want to see some pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,050 Posts
Welcome Brother, I have a Boulevard on my 02 and wont take it off because for me the wind kicks up pretty good in places out here. glad to have you with us.


Ride Safe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
Welome to the 4um. Along with the pipe should be a VBAK so the engine can breath properly, and ASI block off to get rid of all that useless plumbing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
nkohl876 said:
Hello all. I am about to buy a new '07 Warrior from a local dealer. I had been looking on the forums at bikes for sale but found a really good deal close to home. It comes as a stock bike, but I am going to have them install some Road Burner pipes. I am also interested in getting a windshield for it, but was wondering if anyone has an opinion on what would look good, but not too difficult to take off.
There is a windshield on Ebay for 29.00. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=400030282586
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
Welcome. Windshields? We don't need no stinkin windshields. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
Hey brother, I personally like a windshield. I have never ridden the warrior without one.I highly recommend a windshield for your new warrior.
whitefeather said:
welcome, no sheild, just a full face helmet, howdy preach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Wanted a little more protection so I installed a Memphis Shades Hellcat on mine last weekend. I am sure I still need to adjust it, but on a short ride it offered pretty good protection and I don't think it looks too bad.











Oh and it was cheap too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
whitefeather said:
welcome, no sheild, just a full face helmet,......

Just say no to windsheilds....the beast needs to feel the wind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,384 Posts
Sin_City_Warrior said:
Scott said:
whitefeather said:
welcome, no sheild, just a full face helmet,......

Just say no to windsheilds....the beast needs to feel the wind

+1....but half helmet with a bandana for a little extra wind/pebble/bug protection.

You guys are tough. Makes me feel spoiled. I have the windshield and the full face helmet and I like it that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,384 Posts
Mike Panczyszyn said:
Welome to the 4um. Along with the pipe should be a VBAK so the engine can breath properly, and ASI block off to get rid of all that useless plumbing.

Good advice, but stopped one mod short. To optimize the mentioned mods you will want a power commander.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,211 Posts
With no windshield & a peanut helmet, I save a ton of money for mods by substituting protein bars with bugs...& the occasional bird.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top