RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello, I have wanted a "cruiser" for awhile I own a 2000 Busa now and still LOVE that bike but just turned 40 and at 6'4" and 335lbs long rides on the Busa just aren't as fun as they once were. So I am looking into buying a 2002 Warrior that has almost 30,000 miles on it for a little more comfort but I STILL need some get up and go.

I have been reading the FAQ and mod's and a little on the recalls just wanted to say you have a great site here and look forward to become a part of it.

I know some would say "30,000 miles, it's just getting broke in" but with it being an air cooled engine I hear that you shouldn't have to do anything till around 100,000 miles.

I know there are poeple who will say " I've got 190,000 miles on mine and she just fine" but I am just wondering what the general consenses would be on a "time to rebuild" and what you would to rebuild. ie 110 kit, stage IV or what.

BTW I am a SPEED FREAK!!! that's why I have the Busa I'm hoping the warrior can help bridge the gap between going 190 with my hair on fire and puttering out on the open road......

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Welcome to the 4m. The warrior is no busa in the speed dept, but she will hold her own against some strong bikes. You will need an after market seat for the warrior to make it comfy. The 02 stock seat is a pain. I can't say how many miles she will last since I am still racking them on mine, but you will be fine for a long time.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Warrior won't even come close in the speed department but it will do more than just putter on the open road and IMHO it is a better all around bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's not going to close to the Busa in speed but it's still faster than a moped or most Harleys [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This forum is the best thing that comes with your warrior purchase. Good luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
congrats on the new bike. you will love the music from the pipes, very different than the BUSA. warriors really sing to their owners in a special way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya the Busa has an Akropovic full system on it and I love the sound of it this Warrior has a V&H big shots on it..

no one has answered my ??????? yet......

any thoughts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome to the funum! I'm new with this too but as far as your question...I'm not sure on the mileage? But IF I were going to rebuild, I would DEFINITLY go with a bigger engine. Not sure about the mileage, sound's a little steep though, unless you got a steal of a deal!

·
Registered
848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TD2U

I hear ya the Busa has an Akropovic full system on it and I love the sound of it this Warrior has a V&H big shots on it..

any thoughts

Do you want a cruiser? Sounds like you want another Busa. The warrior is the sportbike of cruisers but a sit up enjoy the freight train torque. but it's not a hyperbike. I came from an FZ1, I love my warrior, but I do most of my riding at posted speeds. I'm enjoying the ride, not hanging on. The warrior is the most fun I've had on a motorcycle. But a way differant rush than redlining the FZ1 in the first four gears.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
I dont know of anyone here with over 100k on their bikes yet. I think a small handfull over 50k. If it has 30k after 5 years I would say thats about average for most riders. From everything I have heard on here and other forums the Warrior engine is pretty bulletproof. Just dont ride around with no oil (as some of us have) and she should last you a long time.

If you ever do get to a day where it needs (or you just want) a rebuild, I would go with a Patrick Racing 110 kit. Its not cheap but its the best thing you can do to make this beastie of ours come alive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by tele52

any thoughts

Do you want a cruiser? Sounds like you want another Busa. The warrior is the sportbike of cruisers but a sit up enjoy the freight train torque. but it's not a hyperbike. I came from an FZ1, I love my warrior, but I do most of my riding at posted speeds. I'm enjoying the ride, not hanging on. The warrior is the most fun I've had on a motorcycle. But a way differant rush than redlining the FZ1 in the first four gears.

Why would I want another one I still have one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by RobRiguez

I dont know of anyone here with over 100k on their bikes yet. I think a small handfull over 50k. If it has 30k after 5 years I would say thats about average for most riders. From everything I have heard on here and other forums the Warrior engine is pretty bulletproof. Just dont ride around with no oil (as some of us have) and she should last you a long time.

If you ever do get to a day where it needs (or you just want) a rebuild, I would go with a Patrick Racing 110 kit. Its not cheap but its the best thing you can do to make this beastie of ours come alive.

RobRiguez thanks for your input that's what I'm looking for..

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good luck with your decision mate. I hope you've got a lot of dough in your sky rocket to pay for all the power boosting mods. ****, go for a turbo - it's only 5 grand.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This is coming from someone of the same size as you (6'5" 330 lbs). The warrior is a nice powerful bike, but the Busa is much more comfortable. I just traded my Warrior for a busa in December. I tried everthing to make it more comfortable (corbin seat, gel insert in stock and corbin seats). After about 50 miles I was ready to stop. The plus side to the Warrior is that it has ALOT of WOW factor to it. The torque is awesome, the looks are second to none, and when you hit a bike night or poker run people will crowd around admiring it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did I read it right that you said the Busa is MORE comfortable???? that is the BIG reason I was thinking about adding the warrior to the stable, because I thought IT would be more comfortable. well I'll find out tomorrow I'm going to go see it and take it for a test spin. now you have me a little concerned......

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

Did I read it right that you said the Busa is MORE comfortable???? that is the BIG reason I was thinking about adding the warrior to the stable, because I thought IT would be more comfortable. well I'll find out tomorrow I'm going to go see it and take it for a test spin. now you have me a little concerned......

The stock seat won't do much for you mate. You'll need to run a Mustang or Corbin on it to get away from the "numb bum", but at least you'll get an idea on the riding position.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Welcome! I own both a Warrior and a Busa, and have actually decided to sell the Busa. I just seem to ride the Warrior much more...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts