RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just joined the Warrior family!

I currently ride a sportbike (Kawi ZX6-R). I love the rush of the speed and agility it offers. However, it's not user friendly for long trips, especially with the wife on it.

Went shopping for a cruiser to take longer trips and fell in love with the Warrior. I am keeping both to ride for different occassions.

Can you guys provide some pros and cons on this beast....comfort, riding with passenger, long trip capability, excitement factor compared to a sportbike...etc? Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
gunz112,

On comfort, it's definitely better than any sport bike. You just have to set it up for you. There's a lot of different forward controls, handle bars and mounts, as well as seats for the Warrior. Just have to figure out which ones are right for you. Riding with a passenger...Can't say...Haven't ridden anyone on my Warrior...I'm a solo rider...But my wife will soon be the first passenger, just have to work up the courage to put the passenger pillion seat back on and the sissy bar. It's going to be hard, though! Especially the sissy bar part...[V]

Long trips...Well...If you can handle the wind shear, it's not that bad.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] Actually it's pretty good for long trips...Definitely better then any sport bike. And that's coming from an ex-sport biker...

Excitement factor!? WOW!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] The Warrior is probably the most fun bike that I have ever ridden. The power delivery is awesome and it handles almost as good as a sport bike. If you want excitement then the Warrior will give it to you.

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
For long trips the warrior is very capable, but you will want to trade the saddle. Also invest in some light bags for saddle and tank and a tail bag. Get a windshield. And you are ready..

Enjoy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Warrior is a great bike. There are plenty of upgrades and modifications out there to make it exactly the bike you want. As far as comfort for a rider and a passenger it lacks a bit. The stock seat is not very large for the passenger but there are many aftermarket seats available. The excitement factor is huge. This bike is a monster. It has tons of power straight off the assembly line. But I promise you can get alot more out of it. Take some time and look around this site at some members rides and all the possibilities that are offered. There are some great guys on this forum and you'll be able to find an answer to all of your questions. Good luck on your decision and we hope to see some pics if you decide to get one. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
For riding comfort for the rider and the passenger you might consider the Mustang Vintage Tour seat and the MC Enterprise Sissy Bar. The Yamaha Mini FloorBoards are nice for the rider and your passenger will need to have the pegs relocated. It's simply called the Passenger Peg Relocation Kit from Yamaha. Check my gallery fi you want to see these mods.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
If you are going to ride 2 up for any time, lower the passenger pegs, and get a good seat for the passenger. Corbin - Dual Tour or Solo with touring pillion, or a Mustang. A happy passenger is a must.

Oh! And welcome to the madness.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
pro's LOVE LOVE LOVE my warrior.
con's, $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ mod fever. Like for example, "trailer or 240 kit" HMmmmmmm.....for most this is an easy decision. For me, my brother inlaw lives in Lewiston Maine where we start out for lots of trips. Sooooooo you can see my delema!!

Welcome and have fun bro!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback! I picked her up today, took the day off work, and rode all day. I didn't even look at or think about my sportbike all day. The wife and I rode together for about an hour. You are right about getting a new seat and peg adjustments. Does anyone have an approx. idea of how much $$$ I'm looking at? Wait, I should stop being lazy and shop myself. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
gunz112, congratulations.

Good advice from everyone, you'll need new seats for you and your wife plus lowering the pegs for her, a windshield - what I bought for touring: BrakeAway cruise control, MC Enterprises rear rack, MC Enterprises sissy bar, MC Enterprises saddle bag guards, Tour Master Coretech saddle bags and a big tank bag.

Insert Image:

57.96KB

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
quote:Originally posted by daveinoregon

gunz112, congratulations.

Good advice from everyone, you'll need new seats for you and your wife plus lowering the pegs for her, a windshield - what I bought for touring: BrakeAway cruise control, MC Enterprises rear rack, MC Enterprises sissy bar, MC Enterprises saddle bag guards, Tour Master Coretech saddle bags and a big tank bag.

Insert Image:

57.96 KB

HOLY CRAP! Is there a Warrior underneath all that!!!?[:0]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
839 Posts
gunz112, welcome and what year is your ZX6R?

I also have both an 04 Warrior and 03 ZX6R. Best of both worlds.

I bought the Warrior first and just got the Kawi this past year.

As you must have noticed the Warrior is a lot different compared to the ZX6R but in a “Good Way”.....

The guys here on this 4M are the best, listen to them and do a lot of "Looking Around" before you start the mod's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome. I am also a dual biker. My other ride is a CBR600F4. I don't find the stock seat as bad as most, but then I am used to the vinyl covered board that comes stock on the CBR. The warrior rides like a "lazy-boy with a rocket shoved up its rear" so it should be plenty fun for you, especially with a passenger. I notice the wife on the CBR but not on the warrior. 100lb ft of torque or whatever gives it lots of pull. This bike is the perfect compromise between the wife's comfort and my fun. How many other "cruisers" have aluminum frames and sport bike tires, wheels and brakes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mongo 11,
My Kawi is also an 03...black. Now when I hop back on it, it feels like a plastic toy. It's still a rush though. As funny as it may sound, being on the Warrior makes me feel more like a man and the ZX6R makes me feel like a little kid. Like you said, there is a huge difference between the two. Thanks for all the advice...let the modding begin!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Welcome. I am also a dual biker too! My other ride is a GS1100ESD. Nice to have a street bike and a warrior. Post some pictures of your bikes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts