RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all, only picked my '03 warrior up yesterday and wanted to ask, does anyone know where in the UK i can have work carried out,ie have my rear wheel and swingarmwidened? who does excellent chroming? whosupplies warriorcustom parts over here, such as exhausts, bars etc?as everything seems to be in the US..
......... cheers

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hi and welcome to the 4M. Most of us buy our parts from the States. One of the site sponsors is Motorsport Superstore. Their prices are very good and they ship to the UK. As for wider wheels and swingarms there are a few companies that do these again mainly in the States. If you use the search function you will find enough info to keep you busy for weeks. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Hi M-W-Uk,

Welcome to the forum!

1) I suggest that you decide which mods you want (you may have to prioritise based on cost!) to do by using the search function in the top right corner of the page. There are loads of things/changes/improvements you can do that don't actually cost anything - just time.

Look through the forum for installed mods and then enter the key words into the search bar - for example: "fat rear" or "260 rear" etc.

The more you look - the more you will understand what to ask for.

Or have a look through the other members gallery 'till you see something you like.

Go to - photos - on the top bar, and then - all galleries - in the right hand box, and then trawl through the members galleries by clicking on the thumbnails.

This exercise will take you hours, but will certainly give you some ideas!

I looked through them ALL recently, and it took forever - I made a note of the member name and went back to the stuff I liked and started the hunt for parts/prices from there.

2) look through the site help forum and find out how to get some photos of your bike into YOUR gallery, and a little about yourself in your profile.

There will be UK warriors who will be more than happy to meet you at the Ace cafe Yamaha day in April!

This is possibly the best, friendliest and most helpfull forum on the internet! Don't be afraid to ask... It WILL have been done by someone - somewhere and the answers are all out there.... you've just got to find them within the forum.

Good luck!

Jarv

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
jarv said:
Hi M-W-Uk,

Welcome to the forum!

#1 - Welcome welcome welcome...Jarv has posted a great set of info..[well done that man]...i'm not a mod engineer, so i'll have to pass on 'hands-on knowledge, but i'll be watching and helping were i can, as do all the guys here..we all read and learn a load of different stuff, so just ask and hopefully one of us will come back pronto..make the title catchy
...that usally does the trick..i'm only just 'not' a newbie..but i like to say, if you post and get no answer..don't take it personnally..it's just a 'mystery' sometimes...just get back in and post again lol

03's are best!!..good catch...and there's so much to learn about this beast...hours of fun...ye wallet wont think so thou
- cheers tom ba

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wecome to the Forum Brother!

You couldn't have picked a better place to start learning about your bike, the European boys are always there to help, and our buddies over the pond have done it all twice and are very forthcoming with advice and tips! As Badger advised you, the wealth af aftermarket gear is to be found Stateside, but don't let this worry you as it's pretty much half the price you would pay over here. Just be sure to get stuff shipped as warranty replacement parts, or as a gift, this way you'll bypass our righteous majesty's Customs geezers(Apologies if you are one), and you'll keep your savings. I looked into gettin my wheel widened over here but I found that the prices were twice what you pay over the US, take a look at Performance Edge's shop on ebay, they do the big wheel kits on an exchange basis, lowering kits and stiffer springs(For us larger gents), and check out churchkey on here for a Big Air Kit, I just did mine and its not a job to undertake if you don't know your way round a box of spanners. 1066customcycles and Alchemybikes over here have some shiny bits from Kuryakin and Highway hawk,and the odd exhaust but the prices are all higher cos they import!

Best of luck Matey, catch you at the Ace Cafe in April, put faces to names and all that!!

Mongo!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sunday 26th matey, anyway, we need a name as midlands warrior uk is a little long winded!

Theres an ace cafe topic on the european forum where people will decide who is meetin where so you don't have to ride in alone!!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
mongo77 said:
Just be sure to get stuff shipped as warranty replacement parts, or as a gift, this way you'll bypass our righteous majesty's Customs geezers(Apologies if you are one), and you'll keep your savings.

Hey up Mongo..ya learn something everday!...lol...that's real neat news..not seen it said anywhere before..[zzzzzzzzzzzzzz]... yup the Ace it is, and i'm looking forward to it.. meeting and greeting -Ian and I are checking it out this sunday...weathers going to be awful, so Ian's probably bring my spare bazooka in his cage..not so far for me, but sheetcold rain is not much fun on the bike [yes sheet..]...the pounds cr*p against the dollar and the euro right now..moving fast as **** to 1 for 1 so best get in there pronto guys...cheers

·
Registered
940 Posts
hello mwuk,welcome to the mad house.

where in the midlands are you? is it a uk warrior or import? if you decide to have a bigger back end, i have a complete rear wheel you can use to keep you on the road til its done if that helps.

any way, welcome to your never ending spend spree.

bone

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hi M-W-UK

Welcome to the best damned forum on the web. were in the west midlands are you?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers yab
, i live near Cannock Staffs, my warrior is a "grey import" apparently any warrior before '04 would have been imported..so the lads at CMC in Cannock tell me! and thanks for the offer on the wheel, i'll let you know when ive found out how much its gonna cost for the conversion and if ive got enough pennies left

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Midlands- Warrior-UK said:
i'll let you know when ive found out how much its gonna cost for the conversion and if ive got enough pennies left
Just one thing Adam.....You are now in - "modifcations mode" - and officially fooked. Now you've started you will never have enough pennies left for ANYTHING!

Do you know if your bike has had then recalls done? .. If you don't know about them - look in the forum specific to that subject.

·
Registered
940 Posts
your just up the road from me then,im in rugeley.

yours could be a uk spec model as they grey ones usualy are. you can check by wether it has 2 horns, one at the front and one to the rear of the kick stand.

did you buy it from cmc? im not too impressed with them as a dealership or mechanics as they will tell you if you mention the guy with the warrior from rugeley.

bone

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lmao, thanx jarv ...my Mrs is used to "parcels" turning up here, i used to have a dragstar and spent loadz on that so im back to square one!! i'll check up on the recalls

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
jarv said:
Do you know if your bike has had then recalls done? .. If you don't know about them - look in the forum specific to that subject

Ah that's better... Adam.. while your on to Yami HQ [i've got the no. somewhere] about the recalls, thery'll prob be able to confirm if it's a uk bike...most 03's are..can't remember exactly how many were official but something like 300+ maybe..[big guess] it would be handy if it's a uk bike, cos any recalls missing [fingers crossed] will be free..oh, and i ran the road of the 5th Gear mod..but that part of the recalls had been done [**** it].. the recalls are important .. as Jarv posted the place is alive with information....this forum rocks!...all the small stuff from idle speed to types of oil best for this baby are here with the real big mods that take ya breath away

tried to find that no. Yamaha HQ in Webridge Surrey, open next monday am special department for recalls if i remember - i'll keep looking

1 - 20 of 42 Posts